Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Breast lump and now sharp pain in breast?  (Read 229 times)

Offline confunded

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Breast lump and now sharp pain in breast?
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:50:57 AM »
I have been to the doctor for the lump, and have an ultrasound scheduled for 2 weeks from now. I am on the first few days of my period, and now I  getting occasional sharp pains in my breast in a different spot from where the lump is.

No weird dimpling, rash or anything but I'm scared I have IBC breast cancer and I'm going to die soon. I have a two year old and am struggling to remain positive but I hate the waiting game. I want to raise my baby and have more children. My spouse doesn't seem very concerned  but I am.

How do I deal with this and calm myself down? Is anxiety causing these pains? I am only 27 and want to be there for my child. I wish this wasn't going on!
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast lump and now sharp pain in breast?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 12:51:47 PM »
I don't think I would worry about IBC. I don't think that presents with a lump. From my understanding, you would have a rash all over your breast and it would swell almost overnight. My friend, who is a breast radiologist, told me that an IBC rash generally affects the entire breast, not just one spot (but you don't even have a rash - so don't worry!) I have had breast cysts all my life and they can hurt - and they can hurt in areas that are in a different spot - I would assume it has to do with the nerves in your breast. Breast cancer usually does not present with pain. You are smart to get an ultrasound - if it is a cyst then you an have it aspirated right then and there. Then the pain will be gone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast lump and now sharp pain in breast?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »
Are you on birth control? It may be a cyst I have had them. Recently I have been getting some breast pain as well and this all started after my pharmacy switched manufacturers on my birth control.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: