Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this what depression is?  (Read 280 times)

Offline BrambleRamble93

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this what depression is?
« on: March 21, 2014, 06:28:30 PM »
Hey everyone. 

I'm wondering if maybe I'm clinically depressed.  I have never been diagnosed with depression and I've usually been a happy person.  Sure I get sad sometimes like anyone but it has been happening more often lately.. Mostly I just see the world differently.  I'm a "new" adult living on my own for just a year, working, going to school.  I use to see the world so bright and full of opportunity, but now I see it for what it really is.  It's full of unhappy people who are required to do things everyday that they don't want to do.  People are raped, murdered, robbed, mis treated, ect.

Now this last week has me really worried.  I'm not too worried coming down with a mental illness as long as I can still function in society.  Well, this week I missed both days of school and didn't go to my doctors appointment today.  Why?  I just didn't feel like it.  I have felt no energy or motivation to do anything.  I just want to stay inside all day and sit.  I'm not suicidal but it's a problem if I start not going to school.  What if I stop going to work?  What if I never leave my house again?  It's an overwhelming feeling.  I mean I kept telling myself this morning, "Go to your doctor appointment! Roll out of bed and go!"  But I felt paralyzed.

So what do you guys think?  I've never had this problem before.  I really don't want to take medication for it because the only time I really did feel depressed was when I was on anti depressants for anxiety which I could feel litterally 0% joy on them.  Any tips how to get passed this?  Is it depression or just a temporary funk?
Bookmark and Share
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, if you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, if you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash.  Be water my friend.  - Bruce Lee

Offline CNikki

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this what depression is?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »
Unfortunately we can't give a full diagnose since what text on here says and what the doctor could say would be two complete opposites. But to me if you're just lacking motivation then it could be a chance of depression. Sadly we have to wake up to what we're actually living in and I can assure you that one can't just be fine and dandy while doing so let alone live through with it the same kind of happy way. But somehow while we are here we have to find a purpose to wake up in the morning despite of it.

I would tell you to just go and try to head to the doctor's because if you simply allow yourself to stay in and keep telling yourself 'no' it's going to end up being an awful habit that is hard to break through alone. Take it from someone who needs something to wake up to and yet finds it hard to even get out of the house all because I let voices in my head give any reason not to. I am sort of improving on that but am needing to get out more to even get anywhere.

So I guess what I'm saying is yes it could be and the only way to find out for sure is to the appointment. The longer you hold and say no to yourself the worse it could get over time.
Bookmark and Share
I'm too weak to live, I'm too weak to die.

Offline BrambleRamble93

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this what depression is?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
Al right, thanks for the response! I'll think about telling a doctor about whats going on.
Bookmark and Share
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, if you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, if you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash.  Be water my friend.  - Bruce Lee

Tags: