Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Joint pain for few months!  (Read 162 times)

Offline uno76

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Joint pain for few months!
« on: March 21, 2014, 05:19:39 PM »
I'm trying to keep it together but I'm really not able to keep from freaking all the way out. My knees,hips,legs have hurt since January. I've been to the doctor and had blood tests done,thinking it was rheumatoid arthritis or something. Got results and all was fine. I'm still having the aches. I've had severe anxiety over the past 5 months or so,but it is much better over the past few months. I also fell last Spring twice! The second time I fell was on flat on my bottom while on a hay ride. I was stiff afterwards but I was fine within a few days. This Winter I've noticed my knees,hips ached a lot. Now I've even had a stiff back this week and the knees and hips ache. I'm wondering if this is from the injury months ago and maybe the stress or weather set it off or if it's something else? I'm so worried and that's doing nothing but making matters worse. I'm just nervous of it being something terrible. The health anxiety is telling me to Google,and all sorts of things. I've never experienced ongoing discomfort like this!
Has anyone ever had ongoing pain like this or ever fallen and had pains months later?
I'm praying I can get relief. It makes me sad to not feel good. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Joint pain for few months!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 05:45:46 PM »

Falls can cause any degree of twisting shifting of vertabraes than can put uneven pressure on joints.   
Also, keep watch that your diet is good, and hydrated well.   Posture.   Maybe check with a chiropractor.
Do you take a lot of meds, Advil. anti inflammatory.  I have been reading that they can cause joint pain.  I know my husband and I get joint aches with Advil. 

Just a few thoughts.
Hope you find a resolve.  I know chronic pain myself of my low back discs.

Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline uno76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 06:56:22 PM »
Hey,
Actually I haven't even taken anything but once a few wks ago. I need to take something but my anxiety is like saying what if I get no relief from taking anything? It's a horrible cycle. I don'tvtake anything and at this point I need an ibuprofen. I just worry since it has been ongoing. That's the part that scares me,but it does feel like I have whip lash now. The right hip and knee feels inflamed. It goes tobthe left leg,my back even got stiff last few days. It's frustrating for sure. Hope your back feels better too.
Thanks for your reply, see ya in chat!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 07:17:11 PM »
Ahh the left leg.    I was having pain and down left leg,  My chiro helped some, then I went for an mri with an ortho dr. to find I have bulging discs.   The HA has me afraid of that.    Been 6 months for me, kicked in after doing some interior house painting.       I had several day of some relief, but I got to overworking spring cleaning and must have aggravated it again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline uno76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 08:08:03 PM »
Oh no Daisy!!
I'm sure I need an MRI and not even sure how the problem occurred all at once recently. I haven't done anything,but I do have a very heavy 2yr old so maybe that did it.
I'm just nervous of MRI. I don't like being closed in. Are they open? I wish they could just take pictures without being in there so long. Something is definitely inflamed. :( My legs have been in agony for several weeks. I've gotta get to the source I know but the unknown is what scares me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »
They do have open bore mri.  I had one of those for a head mri and it was nice.   Would have to ask if they offer one.

I was told it was likely a build up over the years of the discs problems.  i know I had aches and pains come and go over the years. 
:-(.   I am told and read that it can heal but takes time.   Hard to rest a back as we use it all the time.   I have 3 children, young adults now, but I remember those days of run, lunge, lift and swing them on my hip and have the hip lean.   And of course lifting wrong.  My own fault I am now just learning to strengthen and engage core muscles. 
My leg mostly left have that deep ache , tight like muscle, and like it is trying to go numb, heavy feeling.   

I so understand how you feel so much.   
I hope chat comes up soon, so we can talk more about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline uno76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 09:47:36 PM »
Ok good! I need an open one for sure. How long are you in there?
I've got a heavy baby also,well she's 2 and very heavy. I'm constantly lifting her,her bags,my purse-which are all very heavy. My husband lifts her when he's home because she's heavy. I am thinking about what you said now about the lifting and swinging on the legs (the kids) and I bet that's a possibility for me.
I have 2 kids and it's s lot of lifting for sure,well not my 9yr old...he's very tall and solid so I definitely can't lift him or give him a hip lift,lol. Well I'll go see about it soon. I've gotta see. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help!
Hope to chat again soon. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:07:02 PM »
Yes, keep me posted.
I also had falls and just brushed them off and kept going.  That is what us moms do.   I look back on all those wrong moves I made with the kids.  ugh.

The mri was about 25 min.  They only had the regular bore size available at asap date so I took that one. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline uno76

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 02:55:07 AM »
Yeah I am thinking back to all the wrong moves I've made also. I've also had lots and lots of "almost" falling but I broke my fall. I'm sure you've had those too. I had tons of those,like while mopping,or rushing down my stairs etc. You are right,as moms we tend to just ignore our inIjuries and focus on the kids. I know I do it a lot. I just say I'm ok and move on.
I'm thinking back to lots of ways I could have caused injury to myself and what could have caused this pain. I just hate this is interferring with my day to day activities and that sucks. I am walking around all stiff and limping most times because my knees usually are so sore and hard to take all the pressure from me walking it seems.It started out with my legs feeling as though they'd go to sleep. They would get a weak/restless feeling and my joints would ache. Now it's more of my knees,back and hips. All of them feel inflamed.
Thanks again and I'll have to get an appt to get checked.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: