Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood results  (Read 957 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood results
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
Well this evening my legs are uber itchy. Lymphoma makes you itchy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
Dry skin, recently shaved.   Anxiety can feel itchy too.   And it could be you are focused on all the symptoms of Lymphoma and the mind is so powerful it can manifest them in the body.
My wbc was 8.2 in the ER once.   And they didn't say it was bad.  And even when they referred me to a neuro, she didn't mention the wbc either. 
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 10:58:55 PM »
If it's in the normal range, then it's normal. It doesn't matter if you're high normal or low normal. All that matters is normal. Even if you were a couple points high or low, still not a big deal. Those numbers fluctuate all day, every day. Seeking reassurance constantly will only help you in the short term if it even helps at all.  You have to find a way to move your life forward. You're pregnant and need to relax, and you have every reason to. You do not have lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
Normal is normal so what would you have the doctor do?  Seriously.  You have normal blood work readings so what exactly is it that you would like your doctor to do in this situation?

Know what else makes you itchy?  Dry skin.  Put some lotion on and see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 07:52:15 AM »
Just woke up and I sweat pretty bad last night. I woke up all damp. Undies, upper legs, shirt amd hair was damp. I was starting to feel better about the night sweating cause the past few days it had stopped or become a lot less. Now it's kicked up again. :( will it ever end?? Will I ever know what's causing this? It screams lymphoma at me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2014, 11:04:51 AM »
Pregnancy can give you crazy hot flashes. Even if you were having night sweats before, that doesn't mean it's not the pregnancy now.

You need to actively seek intensive assistance for your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2014, 11:38:03 AM »
And why shouldn't I be seeking answers for my ridiculous night sweats? Wouldn't it best to address that foremost since it's destroying my quality of life?
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »
And you think your obsession with having lymphoma isn't?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brooke2288

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2014, 04:43:41 PM »
I recently went through this exact same thing with prenatal blood work. I am 35 weeks pregnant with twins and I had a CBC done around 22 weeks that showed my WBC was 10.8. I freaked out....Every lab has different normal ranges and was told 10 was the high end of normal so the fact that mine was .8 above normal had me so scared. I also have a huge lymphoma fear. My doctor said the normal range is not accurate for pregnant women and that your WBC is often elevated when you are pregnant. This eased my mind some. I also had a CBC done one month before I was pregnant and my number was 4.5, so the fact that it went up so much had me scared...but it is obviously from the pregnancy. There's a lot going on in your body when you are pregnant!
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
Hey Ally, I would like to address your concern about itchiness.  Your brain is simply causing that, it's your anxiety nothing more
I'm 15 and have bad anxiety and wake up a lot real sweaty.  It's just your anxiety, you have mentioned two of the 7 most common
symptoms of lymphoma.  You mention itchiness and night sweats, you did not mention anorexia, weight loss, fever, fatigue or dyspnea.
I would say go to your doctor and address your concerns and tell her about the itchiness and the nights sweats.  One other thing, I
bet you got itchy reading this didn't you?  Just like if somebody talks about lice your head gets itchy.  It's nothing more than you over
thinking and worrying.  I'd say you just need to address your concerns and try to calm down.  That's all, and think about it doctors
want your money, if they would've seen lymphoma as a possibility they would'be jumped all over it, and started treatment ASAP.
They aren't just all money hungry but they definitely could gain a marginal profit from treating you for lymphoma.  I hope this helps
I have some worries of my own, but I think we truly know deep down inside just how ridiculous these worries are right? (;
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Tags: