Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Totally freaking out  (Read 224 times)

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Totally freaking out
« on: March 21, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »
Ok, I know I post about my brain tumor fear a lot, but I'm just very anxious today for some reason. I'm doing a lot better with this fear, but it's still there because my symptoms still persist.

- Palinopsia, mostly just bad in the morning when waking up (long motion trails off of moving objects and negative and positive after images... only caused by brain problems)
- Seeing random dots/blobs of color
- Visual snow in morning (when the palinopsia gets bad)
- Two hallucination type experiences when waking up
- Sharp pains in the same spot in my head
- Dizzy when I get out of bed
- Uneven pupils at times

I know I've missed some, but those are the things that bother me. I had an MRI without contrast in November that came back normal, which I'm sure all of you know since I have posted about this so much! I'm just concerned because I'm going for another MRI with contrast on Tuesday. I'm nervous it's going to reveal something that was missed in November or something grew since then. What are the chances of that? I'm also worried I might have a reaction to the contrast, and overall I'm just uneasy about the whole thing!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Totally freaking out
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »
What are the chances?  0!

Have you thought about treating your anxiety?  I know we all take different paths and are ready at different times.

Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 03:49:36 PM »
I'm not as anxious about it as I used to be, but it still bothers me because I still have symptoms. I guess I'll find out next week... I hope everything comes back normal again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline uno76

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 05:40:37 PM »
Hey Emily!
Are you on meds for anxiety? I bet you are fine. Remember all your tests were normal recently. I've had ongoing joint pain for very long and I need xray I am sure but so nervous. I bet it's anxiety causing your symptoms. Wishing you the best!
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 10:56:40 PM »
Ok, I know I post about my brain tumor fear a lot, but I'm just very anxious today for some reason. I'm doing a lot better with this fear, but it's still there because my symptoms still persist.

- Palinopsia, mostly just bad in the morning when waking up (long motion trails off of moving objects and negative and positive after images... only caused by brain problems)
- Seeing random dots/blobs of color
- Visual snow in morning (when the palinopsia gets bad)
- Two hallucination type experiences when waking up
- Sharp pains in the same spot in my head
- Dizzy when I get out of bed
- Uneven pupils at times

I know I've missed some, but those are the things that bother me. I had an MRI without contrast in November that came back normal, which I'm sure all of you know since I have posted about this so much! I'm just concerned because I'm going for another MRI with contrast on Tuesday. I'm nervous it's going to reveal something that was missed in November or something grew since then. What are the chances of that? I'm also worried I might have a reaction to the contrast, and overall I'm just uneasy about the whole thing!

I'll tell you what my Neurologist told me about my neurological disease fears...

He said that he's been practicing for over 25 years and that the vast majority of the people who come to see him turn out to have nothing at all wrong with them.

He said patients who turn out to actually legitimately have something wrong with them are the ones who NEVER gave it one thought - it's always the patients who spent the last 2 weeks on webmd or googling symptoms day and night who turn out to be perfectly fine.

Also, that symptoms representative of neuro issues are REALLY noticeable. He said it's not something you would question, but rather know something wasn't right - it would be really obvious.

EDIT: If your symptoms are freaking you out and you're coming here, to an anxiety forum - it means your brain isn't 100% convinced it's a real problem - if it was a real problem you wouldn't be coming here to talk about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 11:53:29 PM »
Thank you, that reply really helped me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Personal text