Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ladies, help! Itchy nipples w/ flaky dry skin! :( Paget's?!!?  (Read 445 times)

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
I am freaking out... :(!

I've been experiencing itchy nipples for the past 3-4 weeks in both breasts which has now developed into dry flaky skin around each nipple/areola area. I have actually had this before, when it started I was 17/18 years old. I had extremely itchy breasts in both sides where I would wake up at night and constantly itch them. It became so bad that the flaky area was oozing out clear fluid that would often stick to my bras and clothing! :( I never had nipple discharge ever it would only "ooze" out and not heal from my areola. That cleared up after 5 months and it completely went for about 3 1/2 years. Last year in spring it flared up again, but I do think it was because my boyfriend did suck on my breasts quite a bit. It wasn't nearly as bad as it was back when I was a teenager. Now, about a month ago it has flared up again as my boyfriend was being playful with my boobs. I don't really want to rule out anything sinister because I have experienced the same thing in my teens without any stimulation.

I am 22 and I am becoming increasingly scared that this could be Paget's or another type of breast cancer. I have seen a couple of doctors and even one LAUGHED at me saying that Paget's is an extremely rare disease and that you see it in women over 50. Am I worrying about nothing or have I waited too long? It's been 4 years since the first initial symptoms appeared but they went away? Do the symptoms of Paget's stay or can they come and go every couple of years? I'm freaking out... I have really bad health anxiety. :( Please help.
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline halesy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ladies, help! Itchy nipples w/ flaky dry skin! :( Paget's?!!?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »
I get all kinds of things with my boobs.. they itch, they hurt, they flake... but if two doctors looked at you and said it's nothing, you just have to believe it's nothing. Our breasts can get itchy and dry and irritated just like the skin on the rest of our bodies. Especially if.. well.. there's saliva on your boobs, it can cause irritation!
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 12:47:37 PM »
I freaked out one time about flaking on my nipples and when a big flake came off at once, I smelled it.  Conditioner.  When I rinsed my hair I was not rinsing off the conditioner that ran down my body. 

NO Padget's does not come and go. It would be a very ugly rash by now and virtually never goes to both breasts. 

Rinse well and consider some Gold Bond Powder in your bra for a few days for the itching. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Air Nomad

• Rec's: 1
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
It became so bad that the flaky area was oozing out clear fluid that would often stick to my bras and clothing! :( I never had nipple discharge ever it would only "ooze" out and not heal from my areola.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am FREAKING OUT here too.  I'm going through what seems like almost the exact same thing.  For a couple months now I've had a very itchy left nipple and now the skin is getting super dry and actually flaking off.  In fact, the other night I was scratching it and realized it felt kinda raw so I examined it and a very small area was oozing clear fluid!!  I completely flipped.  It seems to have healed but the skin is still pretty dry, though less itchy if I put lotion on it.

Did you ever figure out what this was?  I'm so worried about Paget's or something like that :(
Bookmark and Share
Sokka: "Do you want me to be like you or be totally honest?"
Katara: "Are you saying I'm a liar?"
Sokka: "No, I'm saying you're an optimist. Same thing really."
(This is me and my husband to a tee)

Tags: