Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I Dont Feel Anxious..but  (Read 337 times)

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I Dont Feel Anxious..but
« on: March 20, 2014, 08:55:03 PM »
I havent had a panic attack in over a week and a half but I still have some odd symptoms that are really puzzling me. Can Anxiety affects like dizziness linger without feeling anxious?

When I am walking I feel like I am rocking on a boat, Sometimes with a cold tingling sensation that feels like running cold water. I also have had trouble sleeping where i am waking up after a bad dream or just for no reason,and higher blood pressure and heart rate as well. Plus I've been going to bed really early because i feel tired, and I am finding it hard to concentrate or remember anything and to top it all off i have been cold, especially my hands/feet.

Im not sure if it is Anxiety, heart or neuro problems, but I have been to multiple doctors to no diagnosis.  When I first had my panic attack my doctor took an EKG and a chest xray which came out fine, I have seen my family doctor, an ENT and I have had a MRI with and without contrast which came out negative.

At this point I cannot tell if I am crazy with anxiety or if i should continue persuing my dizziness because it is really become bothersome.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 210
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I Dont Feel Anxious..but
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »
Hi breaking,

Sounds like almost the exact symptoms I had when I first realized I had anxiety!  I remember going to the doctor and describing the feeling I was having of one similar to being on a boat!!  The cold hands/feet is of course another anxiety symptom as is the higher blood pressure and heart rate.  Have any of the doctors you've seen suggested it may be anxiety? 

I hope you get answers soon!! 
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:39:56 PM »
Hi breaking,

Sounds like almost the exact symptoms I had when I first realized I had anxiety!  I remember going to the doctor and describing the feeling I was having of one similar to being on a boat!!  The cold hands/feet is of course another anxiety symptom as is the higher blood pressure and heart rate.  Have any of the doctors you've seen suggested it may be anxiety? 

I hope you get answers soon!!

I've brought up the possibility of it being anxiety with my family physician but the md said they felt i was too young and physically healthy to be put on medications unless i felt it was necessary
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 06:55:51 AM »
How old are you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 07:05:48 AM »
You don't have to feel stress or anxiety to exhibit the symptoms.    Many times when one is under stress (let's say that a loved one is in the hospital and you are nervous) when they get out, everything is real good, THAT is when the symptoms come.  Same with you - you had a panic attack a few weeks ago and things are still lingering.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 07:25:14 AM »
Bookmark and Share

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
    Relaxed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
What sunlover said.  That's right.  You seem to not notice when you are in the middle of the episode because your body is so full of adrenaline and amped up that you don't have the time or notice much else but what you are doing.

After I've had a run of bad HA, real bad, I tend to get really sick after.  Like I catch something because my immune system relaxes or something

Anxiety is like a sleeping lion.  It may be asleep, but its just waiting there to pounce. 

I'm going through a real health crisis right now and my anxiety is pretty high.  The thing is I think the disease I have (actually diagnosed not imagined) isn't causing me this issue, its the stress of the testing and working out treatment thats causing it and making me feel like I can't stay awake.  My stress response is to go to sleep usually.

Like right now I feel as if I will just doze off any minute.  Luckily I can leave work in a couple of hours.
Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 04:46:34 PM »
Breaking,

What are your thoughts on meds?  You said your MD didn't want you on meds unless you felt it were necessary?
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 02:08:35 AM »
Panic Attacks can sneak up on you when you least expect it!

For example, I remember my first Panic Attack VERY well. I was in High School and my parents were going through a really rough patch in their divorce, and I had to carry a lot of the burden in helping my mother out. That day I woke up like any other, walked into school, and went to my first few classes - when all of a sudden, I felt my heart start to race, I got sweaty and felt like I was going to pass out. I asked to go to the nurse and when I got there I felt like I was going to faint, I started to legit get anxiety because I was scared and felt sick to my stomach. I broke down into tears I was so freaked out.

The nurse listened to my problems and checked me out to see if anything was wrong before she gently knelt down and told me I was having a panic attack and to breath into a brown bag she had, after doing so for a while she called my mother to take me home.

So the anxiety had been building up inside me for... probably WEEKS at that point before it finally erupted into a full-blown attack, because my panic attack was caused by something other than HA I feel like I didn't pay much mind to it, but when your attacks are the result of HA it's worse because you worry when you are having panic attacks, and when you aren't and feel 'fine' (with the symptoms still) you get nervous and wonder if it really IS something serious. It's a vicious cycle.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline PaigeyLeighWolf

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 03:54:03 AM »
I have these same symptoms, it's not fun at all, i've tried to almost "wake up" by exercising, and although it makes my anxiety feel better, it worsens the lightheadedness and almost tipsy feeling. After doing a bunch of research, I think it might be some kind of mental fatigue. I think this because the past 2-3 weeks have been pretty much fully focused on my anxiety and trying to fix it, which I think has just exhausted me, maybe this could relate to how youre feeling in some way?

Best of luck :)
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 10:40:25 AM »
I think I can relate to the mental fatigue because like you have said I have dedicated a lot of my time to trying to figure out why I feel the way I do. It's just been frightened because I've never felt like this before and I am losing weight even though I am still eating quite a bit
Bookmark and Share

Tags: