Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Not again? -neck pain  (Read 121 times)

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
Not again? -neck pain
« on: March 20, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
I've been fine for months, with hardly any anxiety at all, and it's felt great! I haven't panicked in a really long time. But of course it can't stay that way, can it?  ::) I'm just sitting at home alone, on the computer like any other day. I started to feel kind of weird, like "jumpy" in my chest, but thought "eh, whatever" since that stuff doesn't bother me anymore. But,  a little while later, I notice a random pain that kind of fades in and out for about a minute on the very left side of my neck. At first I remained calm, but I got to thinking that's where my artery is and if there's pain there, must be bad, right? So now I have reverted back to my old ways which I haven't done in months, going to google and frantically typing in my symptom because I'm sure it's something bad. I see things like cardiac arrest and all my worst fears pop up and I'm going into a panic now, but I stop myself and say "you've done this all before. stop. You're sixteen, you aren't dying. It's just pain. Calm down." although of course my mind says "you never know..." sigh. I'm trying to be as rational as possible here so I don't slip back into my old ways. I have been fine for about ten minutes now. So, what do you think could have caused my random neck pain all of a sudden? Certainly there is a rational answer for this.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Offline AlyAmy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not again? -neck pain
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:28:06 PM »
Honestly, I think its just 'one of them pains'. I get them a lot, and of course I worry and then look ongoogle! Just try to stay calm and let it pass. How are you feeling now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
Re: Not again? -neck pain
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »
Thank you for the reply! I actually took a nap to calm myself after writing this and when i woke up i had forgotten all about it! So sorry for the lateness, but i feel fine now and it went away after that one time. However today i had a pinching sort of pain  go up the back left side of my neck and up part of my head while in the car. It lasted for about a min. I tried to reason with it though. Like you said, probably just one of those pains. I get headaches a lot and had one earlier this week which i believe was from tension in my neck, however it was on the opposite side, but i guessed those two could be related. Either that or just a muscle or nerve or something. I exercise everyday and just did an hour ago, so maybe it did something to a muscle? Anyway, just trying to convince myself the hardest thing: there are little pains that just happen and aren't  dangerous :)
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Tags: