Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lost 30 Lbs in less then 4 months  (Read 137 times)

Offline ArchitectOfThought

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lost 30 Lbs in less then 4 months
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »
I stopped drinking pop and i have lost 30 lbs in about 4 months should i be concerned?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lost 30 Lbs in less then 4 months
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 01:47:45 PM »
That all depends on what kind you were drinking, how much per time and how many per day... 
you have to figure it out - cutting out 3,600 calories is equal to 1 pound.  to lose 30 pounds you would have had to cut out 108,000 calories in pop.   If you only used to drink one 8 oz. coke per day then it's not possible for it to be from that - if however you drank only one of  7-11's "big gulp" per day or 4 or 5 cans of pop per day, then it's not only possible, then that is exactly what dropped the weight.   But to take it further, if you were drinking LESS than that, maybe because you are not drinking the pop you are not eating some OTHER things that go good with that thus cutting out a lot MORE calories. (let's say you love to drink a coke with pizza and now instead of eating 4 slices of pizza you are only eating 2 due to that) - I hope I explained this right!  My daughter gave up Coke for Lent one year and dropped about 15 pounds - Lent is only 40 days, so VERY possible for you to lose 30 in 120 days! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »
During one of my HA scares ... i lost about 15 lbs in about 2 months, which comes to the same as you. However, in my case i didn't cut out anything .. i just was so anxious all the time that I lost weight. I then started eating junk food as I was scared it was something else causing it and I gained it all back. What I am trying to say is that anxiety=stress=weight loss
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaula

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • It's a new day.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:01:31 PM »
Like crosbie, I lost tons of weight at th height of my anxiety within a few months (two i believ). I went from weighing 170 to 135 lbs which is a 35 lb loss...then i gained it all back after the worst off the stress was over....and now I'm trying to manage my weight and anxiety better. Anyway unless you are seeing some really obvious symptom (and i mean like blood in stool or something like that) or your stomach hurts severely like 12/10 all the time i would really say it comes down to anxiet
Bookmark and Share
Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

Hold on if you feel like letting go.

Tags: