Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New Here--My Story  (Read 67 times)

Offline HopefulAmy81

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New Here--My Story
« on: March 20, 2014, 08:04:58 AM »
I always had some anxiety. Basically when I had to do something new.  like speak in groups or whatnot.  It would go away quickly as I got used to the situation.   I figured I would talk to my Dr. and ask about some sort of medication to control my anxiety. So she put me on 25 mg Zoloft.   I told her because I had some anxiety. I am also on Levothyroxine 25mcg for my hypothyrodism my TSH at the time was 3.61             I started the Zoloft monday the third. and took it with my levothyroxine in the morning. It made me feel a little weird. I took it Tuesday and it made me feel weird again. I kept asking my husband if my eyes looked weird and dilated because they just looked off to me.  When I took it Wednesday the 5th it made me horrible. I started getting paranoid, dark thoughts,and anxious and having the WORST panic attacks ever. I felt like I was dieing. I didn't know what the heck was wrong. So I contacted my dr and she told me that these type of meds get really bad before they start working right for you. She told me I can discontinue it if I want. So I definitely stopped taking it. Thursday the 6th in the morning I still felt sooo bad so She prescribed me ativan to calm me down. so I took one that night and I feel asleep but woke up around 1:30am panicky. I was able to fall back asleep. I woke up the morning of Friday the 7th with severe panick attacks and felt once again like I was gonna die. with horrible paranoia and my heart racing. So I took another ativan. It made me feel okay. But still horrible.  I called my Dr and she could get me in at 7:20 that night. My blood pressure was 150/100 I was shaking bad. I lost 5 lbs in those couple days. I couldn't eat at all.She calmed me down by telling me that it was the medication and I had a bad reaction. So she prescribed me 3 ativan a day for 2 days. then 2 ativan a day for 2 days. and then one a day after that as needed. She also made me an appointment for cognitive behavioral therapy. I was bawling to her telling her I never ever had a panic attack and I wish I never took zoloft because it brought them on.  I hated myself for all of this. I actually had a break down in the mirror screaming at myself bawling saying I did this to myself. All I wanted to do was erase the past few days and go back to when I had a little anxiety in public. I never in my life had a panic attack. I had more blood work done on the 11th and my TSH value dropped down to 1.09.  I talked to my Doctor and asked if that is what is bringing all my anxiety on because my level dropped so quickly and she told me to discontinue levothyroxine and she made an appt to check my levels on april 11th.  I had diarreah for 10 days straight absoultely no appetite (the thought or smell of food is making me sick) I lost weight. and also now I have dry mouth and it's hard for me to sleep.  The panic stopped but now I just have a constant anxious feeling.   Why do I still feel like this?  I have been taking 0.5mg of ativan daily and it helps me function.  I try going days without it and I end up getting anxiety again.  My biggest problem is I experienced what REAL panic and anxiety feels like and now I keep worrying about getting it back and thinking about it constantly and now I do.  all day.  every day.  It is crippling me.  I cry to my husband all the time that I just want to feel normal again. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: New Here--My Story
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: