Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weird brief head and speech thing  (Read 112 times)

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Weird brief head and speech thing
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:45:02 AM »
Lat night I was having a lovely chat with my teen son at bed time, laughing and relaxed. Suddenly I got a cold sensation and goose bumps in a panel down the back / right of my head behind my ear from the top of the head down to the neck- I was in the middle of a sentence and my words seemed to get muddled, like I lost my train of thought mid sentence as the cold sensation happened.

It scared me. I had a clear brain MRI less than 2 weeks ago... but what could it mean?

Anyone identify / have thoughts? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird brief head and speech thing
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:10:49 AM »
What may have happened is that weird sensation scared you, that's all.  Like suppose you were talking to someone and in the middle of talking you got a horrible sharp pain in your stomach, you'd stop talking and probably say, "Ow!"  but being the sensation wasn't painful just a mental scare - you lost your train of thought. 

I've been getting those goosebumps on the side of my head, sometimes onto my ear and back of side of neck!  I was eating frozen yogurt yesterday when it happened again!  I read another post on here about a month ago and it was happening to someone else who posted about that, and also others answered saying it was happening to them too.  You're fine.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mermaid

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:12:25 AM »
Thanks sunlover. I did consider that explanation but of course my HA had other ideas :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:24:20 AM »
Thanks sunlover. I did consider that explanation but of course my HA had other ideas :)

I hear ya.  I have 2 minds too.  The logical side that will say, "You hurt your arm shoveling snow and pinched a nerve"... then the little HA devil sits down and says, "You didn't hurt your arm, you are developing MS!"  Logical mind:  "Hand started tingling night of hurt arm!  I pinched something, now go enjoy yourself"   HA Devil: "Enjoy yourself?  LOL!  You will be crippled very soon, how can you ENJOY yourself you dumb idiot!"
It's a pinched nerve!  (It's MS!!!)  No, it's a pinched nerve!  (It's MS you freakin' moron!  Now go mourn the loss of your freedom!)  And the cycle goes on until the pinched nerve clears up and a colon cancer symptom comes up...
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
Hey, I have that mind too!
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Medic Manders

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one with two minds!!! My logical mind is not always stronger than my HA mind... which constantly has me convinced that my logical mind is an idiot ;) Good Luck everyone... this HA thing is a difficult journey
Bookmark and Share

Tags: