Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of cancer is crippling me  (Read 256 times)

Offline sickofsickness

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of cancer is crippling me
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:34:59 AM »
I try to tell myself it's "just anxiety," but deep down I don't actually believe it. I legitimately think I have something wrong with me.

Ever since an acquaintance of mine passed last month after a 6-month long battle with gastrointestinal cancer (he was only 24), I can't get it off my mind. I've been feeling random abdominal pains, I feel a painful lump under my left leg, my throat is ridiculously sore and has been for an extended period of time...and I can't help but think that each of these symptoms points to one cancer or another.

Before when I had cancer fears I was able to manage it with "well, statistically..." and think about how rare it is in general, much less for my age group. But when someone you know gets, all that stuff about it being rare pretty much goes out the window.

Is there anyone here who has overcome this fear? It's to the point where it's actually difficult for me to sleep because my thoughts are always racing. I just want to be a carefree 25 year-old and LIVE but it's hard to do when you've already resigned yourself to an early death.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of cancer is crippling me
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 04:08:11 AM »
I have cancer and every day Before I knew I would worry non stop about cancer. If it is going to happen, iqts going to happen. I now wish i had not wasted so much time worryin and more time living life focused on my family.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: