Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Buspar: Week 2  (Read 190 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Buspar: Week 2
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:26:44 PM »
I started taking buspar (7.5 mg) last week for GAD, general anxiety disorder.  They say it takes about 2 weeks for initially feel something.  And about 6 weeks for therapeutic effect.  I didn't feel much during Week 1.  As I started Week 2, I told my doctor I had no side effects or noticeable good effects.  Could I increase the dose?  She said I could double the dose to 15 mg.  I'll take one pill in the morning and one at night.

I do have to say I've been monitoring my stress levels and my stress seems to be lower in the past 2-3 weeks.  The warmer weather may play a role.  Also I'm doing more physical exercise and mindful meditation per my therapist.

I was happy that my doctor was proactive in letting me increase the dosage.  I'll let you all know how things progress!  If anyone else wants to share about buspar, feel free.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Buspar: Week 2
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:51:21 AM »
With such medication it may take time. I would more say 4 to 6 weeks. Before you know if anything is going to happen at all. Some medication works great for some people. It may not do anything for other people. Sad but true. We can only hope. If after 6 weeks you feel no change at all I would consider something else.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:09 AM »
I started buspar about 7 weeks ago.  I went to the psychiatrist at week 4 and said I wasn't quiet there and I didn't know if buspar was really helping.  We decided to stay on the buspar for another month because she said it sometimes takes longer to work.  Well I didn't really feel it really started working until the beginning of week 6.  I am so happy I stayed on it.  What I have learned is that some medicine works quicker than others and we have to be patient :)  It's a constant battle trying to find a medicine that works.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 10:02:41 AM »
I am strongly contemplating beginning Buspar at my next appointment in three weeks. Can any of you give me insight into what, if any, particular side effects you've had? In particular, fatigue and depression as I always have a fatigue issue anyway, and don't want to get depressed again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »
My psych. JUST started me on buspar combined with paxil and klonopin. Hoping for the best! Ive heard a good amount of success stories about it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 07:45:38 PM »
Katiesue, thanks for sharing your experience.  That's good to know that it kicked in a week 6 for you.  What was the dosage?  I remember when prozac and lithium kicked in for my bipolar.  I started to feel it at the end of the 4th month.  I'm so glad I was patient.  It's still working for me 20 years later.

Ancient, you can google for side effects.  I've heard some people feel nausea or dizziness.  Some feel a kind of spark.  I didn't feel any of that.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.  I'll let you know how my buspar story evolves.  This is my first day on 15 mg.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 07:57:02 AM »
I am on 15mg 3 times a day.  I was a bit tired for the first couple weeks taking the medicine and maybe a bit more anxious too.  Nothing to crazy I couldn't deal with.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: