Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Multiple Sclerosis and the Question Game  (Read 628 times)

Offline eizeral

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Multiple Sclerosis and the Question Game
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 11:52:15 PM »
The power of the mind over the body is incredible! Like you said about getting the twitches more often... As soon as I googled why I had a twitch in my arm and found the other symptoms, BAM I had those also. Within minutes and hours.
It's unreal. Because of that fact alone, that just proves it is not MS and is anxiety. My doctor told me during a flare up, which is when you have symptoms, the new symptoms and symptoms in general appear at the same time...not another one several weeks after the onset of the first symptom. They also don't come and go, and don't really jump around in location, because the lesion is stagnant on one location.

Even though we know all of this though, it is hard to not worry and awfulize. I think I am going to see a therapist because I really just cannot handle myself right now and everyone I talk to about this is getting so frustrated with me that they are fervently urging me to do the same. >_< I think I'm going to start exercising again, reading again, taking walks (hopefully the weather will permit)...just doing anything to take my mind off of all of this.

Also, last thing I'll say, but does anyone else seem to notice that "old" symptoms seem to "improve" when you start to focus on a new one?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Yes, someday you will die. But first will you live?
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 12:18:30 AM »
The "old" symptoms go away when I find a new disease to stress about, no doubt.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline Karloff29

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »
Also, last thing I'll say, but does anyone else seem to notice that "old" symptoms seem to "improve" when you start to focus on a new one?

Totally! One day I my legs were totally buzzing, but now that I am concerned about pressure and pain, the buzzing sensation is gone and I'm left with pressure and pain! If only we could use these powers for good and eliminate our worries altogether...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Karloff29

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
The power of the mind over the body is incredible! Like you said about getting the twitches more often... As soon as I googled why I had a twitch in my arm and found the other symptoms, BAM I had those also. Within minutes and hours.
It's unreal. Because of that fact alone, that just proves it is not MS and is anxiety. My doctor told me during a flare up, which is when you have symptoms, the new symptoms and symptoms in general appear at the same time...not another one several weeks after the onset of the first symptom. They also don't come and go, and don't really jump around in location, because the lesion is stagnant on one location.

So, basically - if our muscle twitches are jumping around on our bodies (i.e., my thigh, my calves, my feet, etc.), then that is not indicative of Multiple Sclerosis? Essentially, the lesion would focus on one (or eventually) more areas consistently?
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 01:10:17 PM »
Correct. I specifically asked this question to the person with MS I spoke to, she said it would be focused on one area for awhile. Then comes back months later along with new symptoms, this is known as an "MS attack or flare up"
Bookmark and Share

Offline Karloff29

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
Correct. I specifically asked this question to the person with MS I spoke to, she said it would be focused on one area for awhile. Then comes back months later along with new symptoms, this is known as an "MS attack or flare up"
So basically, it sounds like it's highly unlikely for me to experience muscle twitching all over my body that suddenly started one day all at once and have it be MS, correct? If that were the case, I'm assuming that would also mean that I should have other compounding symptoms as well to justify my twitches being attributed to MS.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
Very very unlikely that it would start all in one day. Yes you would have other symptoms in addition to the twitching, weakness is the most likely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Karloff29

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Very very unlikely that it would start all in one day. Yes you would have other symptoms in addition to the twitching, weakness is the most likely.

If someone were to ask where my twitching was located, I'd just point to my entire body, haha  :bigsmile: I've noticed that my muscles are tight and sore, but I can almost bet that is because I am so tense...
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 05:46:57 PM »
My muscles have been sore and tight also. My left leg in particular. It feels tight even when I am doing nothing. I often catch myself clinching my jaw too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eizeral

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »

If someone were to ask where my twitching was located, I'd just point to my entire body, haha  :bigsmile: I've noticed that my muscles are tight and sore, but I can almost bet that is because I am so tense...
This is me. I had a few twitches in one quad over the last few weeks, but it wasn't until I started reading up on the twitches and focusing on them that they started becoming more frequent. Now they are in my quad, my leg, my back, arm, feet...mostly on the left side, but also on the right. Someone with MS said it would mostly be isolated to one limb. All my other MS symptoms started 1 month and 2 weeks ago and they are still kind of there (come and go), so I highly doubt it's MS lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: