Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Someone please tell me that I don't have a brain tumor  (Read 311 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Someone please tell me that I don't have a brain tumor
« on: March 19, 2014, 12:35:24 PM »
Here are my symptoms:

-Last week I had 2 deja vu moments
-Mild headaches after exercise
-Mild nausea
-Twitches throughout my body
-Strange sensations in feet, legs, hands, face - like someone is touching that body part - last a few seconds.
-Constantly smelling smoke - like I've been around secondhand smoke - but when I go to smell a candle/perfume, ect it smells exactly how it should. But when my nose is "at rest" I feel like I'm in a room of smokers.
-Forgetfulness - like running in the store to grab something and my husband says "grab this too" and I say "ok" and completely forget about the thing he told me to get. Or like last night - when I tuck my son into bed I always blow him a kiss when I get to the door and last night I completely forgot to do that, I closed the door and then he reminded me that I needed to blow him a kiss.

I had a CT scan a little over 2 years ago because I was having strange smells for a few seconds at a time, and my CT scan was normal. But all of these symptoms are new, within the last couple of months. Started with the strange sensations and now has worked it's way to this.

I have had my CRP levels and LDH levels checked in January for other reasons, and they both were normal, and from what I've read both of those will increase with inflammation. I would think that a brain tumor would be considered inflammation, but who knows?

Anyway, I'm just looking for someone to tell me that I'm not dying of a brain tumor, and that i'll be around to see my kiddos grow up  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone please tell me that I don't have a brain tumor
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 01:38:03 PM »
Your symptoms sound nothing like a brain tumor. This is all your health anxiety forcing your mind and body into a panic frenzy.

You are forgetting things because you are stressed out. I'll bet your stress is also causing poor sleep. Sleep deprivation can lead to temporary memory problems, forgetfulness, irritability, etc....
You see the pattern?

I've read case studies on people who have had brain tumors. They often experience extreme changes in personality and they will do strange abnormal things like talking about things that are non sequitur or make no sense. One girl, when asked her age, repeatedly told the nurses she was 19 even though she was 21. And she knew what she was saying was wrong. Brain tumors also cause severe debilitating headaches that you wouldn't be able to ignore.

Your CT scan was fairly recent. Would going back for a new CT scan truly give you peace of mind? If you are like me and most other HA sufferers, this may give you peace for a few days but then some other symptom in your body will again put you on high alert thinking you have a debilitating illness or believe that the doctor was wrong and may have missed something.

Try to focus on other things in your life right now like your family and keep your worries at the back of your mind. If you symptoms continue or worsen, definitely seek out the advice of your doctor and they will advise you on whether they believe you need a new CT scan.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 05:30:42 PM »
Alpha is right - my mom's neighbor had a brain tumor and BEFORE it was diagnosed - before she saw a doctor.  She would really laugh at inopportune times!   Someone told her that a neighbor had a heart attack and she joked about it and laughed hysterically.  Things like that!

EVERYONE gets deja vu - I had one "attack" last so long once I even started to think, "Is this going to stop??" - so throw that worry out.

Headaches after exercising could be dehydration or you are holding yourself in a position putting strain on your neck or upper back (tensing it up) -  throw out that worry.

Twitches are not brain tumor related at all.  You can throw out that worry.

Nausea is SO common with stress/anxiety, just plain life - don't even give that a second thought.

Forgetfulness happens to everyone when they are so focused on something else.  Throw that one out.

The only thing that I couldn't explain is the smells, but you were checked out for that, so dispose of that one too!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vengence

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
this sounds like anxiety/stress, especially the forgetfulness, i myself had fears of a brain tumor and i'm only 19, i had and still have do a degree horrible short term memory, my long term memory is fine, i can remember things i did years ago or even weeks but when it comes to the day,hours or even minutes before? forget it, my memory has been horrible due to anxiety for months, i'll give you some examples - i'd be taking out food,lets say there are three bowls of food, i'd put two bowls of food back in the fridge and leave one out then go back into my room and completely forget the third. or i'd tell myself i need to go wash the dishes but i'd go to the bathroom first then only remember the dishes minutes after into another room, recently i was going out, locked the burglar proofing to the door and forgot to close the door itself until i walked away. this got me freaked out but the Psychologist i've been seeing for my anxiety and HA has said this is a common symptom of anxiety especially if you've had it for a long time. Also nausea & headaches are pretty common symptoms of anxiety/stress,hopefully what i've said has helped   ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 08:59:21 PM »
Thanks. I'm also freaking out about something else -

2 weeks ago at the chiropractor I was experiencing tailbone pain, so I went there for the first time. They did xrays of my lower spine only. I needed some work done so they put me on this ultrasound therapy machine. Well when the tech was doing the ultrasound therapy on me, she went to the upper part of my lower back, more to the right hand side and I just about jumped off the table when she went over this area/spot. It hurt pretty bad.

I went home and researched (aka googled) it and there are times when you shouldn't do ultrasound therapy - such as when you have cancer. If you do the ultrasound therapy over an area with a tumor or lesion, then it can cause it to spread. So I started freaking out that I have a spinal tumor causing the ultrasound therapy to be painful. It clearly states on most websites that ultrasound therapy SHOULD NOT be painful.

So I mentioned it to my chiropractor and he said it was probably because I sprained my back or something of the like. I kind of brushed it off and moved onto the next fear (brain tumor).

But the past few days now I've been experiencing pain in that area where it hurt when they did the ultrasound. Not fun. Not fun for my anxiety either. So needless to say, I'm freaking out now about a spinal tumor - not only that, but the fact that I had the ultrasound therapy over the area and it's going to spread now. Sigh.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ~ JustMe ~

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 12:31:10 AM »
I get the brain tumor fear as well. Like I am at the moment and the symptom I am having is a headache. It feels different from others I've had and different from my migraines. I have been stressed and its probably that but I get your fear and understand but with anxiety it increases our senses and our thinking and physical ailments seem out of control. It's hard to do but we have to try and learn to control our thoughts which at this time for me seems impossible. Good luck and try to think positive thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: