Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: I really need your help .... please  (Read 170 times)

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I really need your help .... please
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »
I am currently experiencing a rough couple of weeks with a new symptom, nausea. The nausea is very mild though ... not the type to make you want to puke, but enough for it to notice it's there and bother you. It also comes with a feeling like my throat is kind of raw or something is stuck in there (not enough to make my suffocate but enough to notice something is there)  It also isn't consistent ... I usually get it in the mornings and then throughout the day it really is on/off. It's better at night and completely goes away when I go to bed and also when I wake up in the morning from my sleep (before I actually get out of bed). Just a few days ago after I got out of bed I felt a little nausea. I went back to bed a half hour later to sleep in and suddenly while I was relaxing (not deep sleeping) it practically went away. Yesterday during the day at work I felt it a little, but when I came home and went for a walk it was completely gone !!!! Then it came back later on at night and then disappeared again when I went to bed.

I have suffered with HA now for over 2 years. It all started when my dad died and I feel sick with a flu bug maybe 3-4 months later. I thought I was dying and started worrying about a light headed dizziness feeling I was having which at the time made me think I had a brain tumor. Eventually the symptom went away, but having no clue what was going on with me and not knowing what HA was .. I took time off of work and was a mess for a few months. I eventually got better and returned back to work. However ... since then ... I have had a multitude of symptoms from frequent urination, skin rashes, abdominal discomfort, gas, burping, acid reflux, shortness when breathing, nausea and lightheaded.

Some things about my symptoms ... First off I have never had more than one symptom at the same time. I seems I get one and then worry/obsess about it until it eventually goes away. Then I suddenly get another symptom. Second .... whatever symptom I have had (including the nausea I have now) .... it never constantly stays the same ... it really is come/go.

Currently, with the nausea that I am experiencing ... I notice certain things help, like going for walks and getting some fresh air.

I wanted your opinion here .... honestly .... the fact that my symptoms come/go and have never got progressively worse point that what I am going through is anxiety related and not some horrible disease I think I have ??? I really need your opinions here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: I really need your help .... please
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:53 AM »
[quote author=crosbie87 link=topic=85250.msg477943#msg477943 date=1395235340
I wanted your opinion here .... honestly .... the fact that my symptoms come/go and have never got progressively worse point that what I am going through is anxiety related and not some horrible disease I think I have ??? I really need your opinions here.
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head!   That's always been my rule of thumb and it never failed me yet for over 30 years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
Thanks sunlover! I appreciate your feedback. Anyone else have any comments on my situation ???
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »
I just can't except the idea that my nausea is being caused by my anxiety. You think I would ... having had nausea a few years ago that eventually went away. I just hate this feeling .... please someone help !
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 01:10:29 PM »
No one wants to comment on here ? I need other opinions !
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
My stomach does all kinds if really scary stuff and I'm slowly realizing that when I'm anxious about it, I notice it and it gets worse. Generally if I'm distracted and relaxed I don't notice it. So I'm slowly convincing myself it's a physical reaction to anxiety :)
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »
I just had a meeting with my boss at work and was really distracted. guess what .... no nausea !!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »
I just had a meeting with my boss at work and was really distracted. guess what .... no nausea !!!

And you know what?  I'm not surprised at all.  That's should tell you something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 04:34:58 PM »
I cannot believe it !
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything