Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lost.  (Read 265 times)

Offline Goose14

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lost.
« on: March 17, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »
I often think about what life is all about. For me I have a really difficult time with this, and am constantly put into anxious states over thinking about it.  Nobody knows what life is, why we are here, how we got here and for some reason this really depresses me. I think about this dailey and cannot stop thinking about what if this is a computer simulation, or why does anything really matter if there is 7 billion of us, and even on a larger scale, we're so tiny and irrelevant seeming in the entire multi-verse. I also struggle with intrusive, violent terrible thoughts which certainly do not help me calm down, and convince myself I'm going completely crazy. Can anyone relate with this? I just feel alone and don't want to keep thinking about life this way, I just want to get back to normal and enjoy life for what it is..
Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lost.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 08:02:34 AM »
Would you believe I love this topic? Watch those crazy shows on the Cosmos and the gazillion galaxies, planets, black holes, etc. etc. We are a speck out there, yet waste fortunes going to Mars, the moon, etc. etc. when all that matters is right here.

And what matters? We mostly have to discover that for ourself. Do for others, do for ourself. Love the people around us, love nature, love ourself. Love reading, thinking, maybe writing, learning and whatever is of interest to you. A start.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cooperslambro

• (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Rec's: 0
  • "You don't understand, I'll never get over this."
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lost.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:07:03 AM »
Lol omg.

Yeah I literally do the same thing. Bunch of insignificant life forms in a huge universe. We probably won't ever have the answers. It unsettles me a lot but idk. We're here and that's the way it is. Gotta make use of the time we've been given. That's the way I see it at least. The world can be pretty fun if you get involved in the things you want to.

I pretty much just don't sleep and I think about stuff like this all the time lol. How did I get here? What is the purpose of this? What am I feeling?

As far as the loneliness goes I definitely feel you. I don't think a lot of people I know truly understand me. I don't date a lot because I struggle with finding someone who I think I can love or if I think they can understand me enough for things to work. I guess I say that because I know I'm pretty different due to my personality and my mental issues. Sounds like you might be the same way. It's hard, but you gotta try and learn how to stand strong as an individual. Try to love yourself, no one else. Be that one lingering soul that wanders through life. Be aloof from others who aren't going to understand you. One day you'll meet someone, either a friend or an intimate partner, who will understand you and maybe you'll feel better.

At least we're all lost together :)
Bookmark and Share
"It's not about forcing happiness, it's about not letting sadness win."
-Local Man Ruins Everything by The Wonder Years

Tags: