Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: please respond  (Read 141 times)

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
please respond
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:00:23 PM »
I have been having upper back pain off and on for a few months. It is not severe but annoying. I saw on TV back and neck pain could mean a heart attack. I have HA about that. I also have agrophobia where I can't go to large towns and that is where I would have to go. I have had a EKG and  echo heart thing ran 2 years ago. I could have test ran from DRs that come to my small town. I am afraid to find out I have something wrong with me. I have heard of so many people dying suddenly and so many people having stents put in there heart. I would be terrified to be told that. there used to be several post on here about back pain. It is around my left shoulder blade could this be my lungs. I know it could be muscular as it feels that way. As I said it is not severe. I also have cold spots like the back of my arms will be cold. my chest will be cold. my face will feel cold. I have a lot of sore spots too. I am taking Celexa 20 mg I hate to go up on it. I have been taking it for about 8 months. Can anyone advise. please don't scare me, I don't want to hear run to the hospital.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: please respond
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »
I've had upper and lower back pain for years. 99% of the time its just from your lifestyle (the way you sit, lay down, exercise, work, stress. etc.) I've had heart palpitations, light headed, chest pains, pretty much all the symptoms of a heart attack. Went to the doctor for an EKG and blood work and everything came back fine. Like I've said in a lot of these heart attack posts, heart attacks are sudden and very rarely do you have time to look at and examine the symptoms. My grandmother had no preexisting heart conditions then one day she's sitting on the couch on the phone less than a minute later she was slumped over after having a stroke. Unless your doctor tells you otherwise its not something you should worry about. If you start worrying about it you can actually cause yourself to have all the symptoms of a heart attack and believe you're having one even if you're perfectly healthy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:56:30 PM »
Did your grandmother survive? I know I am super sensitive I can't even stand to hear the word heart attack. I stay with my grandbabies and some times worry something will happen to me. I know I can't control what happens to a person I just need to learn to live my life each day. I am trying what ever is gonna happen will.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »
Yeah she survived. Shes all there mentally and knows whats going on but she can't really speak anymore minus a few words, walk on her own, or move her left arm. Stroke hit the left part of her brain I believe.  She was in her 70s when she had her stroke, a friend of mine from high school was only 21 when he had a stroke that killed him while he was in the shower although I believe he had a heart condition of some kind. Heart attacks are just one of those things where either it happens or it wont. As long as you take care of yourself (exercise, eat right, sleep well, etc.) there shouldn't be anything to worry about. And usually you're doctor will be able to tell you if there's anything that will increase your odds of having one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 06:23:40 AM »
If you can find the strength to make the trip to the city then get checked out if only to put your mind at rest.  Besides, even if they find something wrong they can fix it - it would give you many more years with your grandchildren!!

One thing - if you're constantly lifting the kids that can throw your back out of wack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I am going around with my thinking. One minute I am going the next I am not. I don't know if getting tested could stop something from happening. I know it does no good to worry and only makes a person feel bad. It I knew it would be okay and then I could be at ease but if something is wrong I don't know if I could deal with that but you would have to. I think I am fearing the unknown. It is hard to be rational with my thinking. I am trying to eat right and exercise but I want to just shut down when I get like this it is hard to even eat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: