Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: i know ive been posting alot  (Read 170 times)

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i know ive been posting alot
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »
so I'm worried about right ear pain, that protrudes down my neck and into the lymph node underneath my jaw. This is all my right side. My gland/lymph node doesn't really feel swollen but it is sore.

I'm on Bactrim antibiotic for what my Dr just assumed was for a sinus infection because of sinus headaches and drainage. I don't have an ENT appt until april 15th.

I'm petrified right now because i googled. I KNOW that it can mean infection, viral stuff etc.....but of course head/neck cancer and lymphoma is my fear!!!!! help please  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i know ive been posting alot
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 01:11:57 PM »
Like myself and others have said in your other posts, all of those could be related to a sinus infection which it sounds like you have. I have all the same symptoms minus the sore lymph node. Right ear feels clogged up at times, head pressure, I can feel the node under my right jaw but not the left, etc and I have a CONFIRMED sinus infection. I've had all these symptoms for over 2 months now and been to the doctor 4 times. If it was anything serious they would of noticed it by now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »
The sinus headaches and drainage has subsided since the anti biotics. now its just ear pain, going down the side of my neck and gland pain. it's new pain after starting the anti biotic and getting worse little by little.

would anyone else be ok with waiting until april 15th to go to the ent!? or go to the ER for better reassurance?

ive heard horror stories of bugs getting in peoples ears and stuff ...eeeewwww
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:33:36 PM »
I am in the midst of a sinus infection myself. They are not pleasant! If the antibiotics are helping, then you are probably overthinking things. Neck cancer would most likely not develop acutely. Everything is leading to the much more common and plausible explanation of a sinus infection.

I feel your pain. I have the same HA fears about my sinus infection except that my fears are about meningitis, not cancer. I'm also experiencing these weird sensations all over my body that also seem to be subsiding with the antibiotic use so I'm trying to reassure myself I am just sick with a minor problem and not to panic.

If you are still having concerns, make an appointment with your GP while you are waiting for your ENT appointment. I know how frustrating it can be waiting for an appointment. I scheduled a doc appointment for Friday just to be sure and it feels like an eternity away. Try not to worry in the mean time. You are going to be fine, especially since your symptoms have already been improving.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 01:38:30 PM »
yes, the sinus infection has cleared. But these ear/gland/neck symptoms are new. I'm thinking of calling my ENT to see if i can get in sooner. My gp has already seen me twice in the last two weeks and just keeps saying to wait on the ENT and she took care of the sinus infection.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »
so I'm worried about right ear pain, that protrudes down my neck and into the lymph node underneath my jaw. This is all my right side. My gland/lymph node doesn't really feel swollen but it is sore.

Is it a dull or sharp pain? Even though you've been cleared of sinuses, there could still be some irritation going on until things are fully subsided, I mean if this has been months since your last sinus issues I might pull a red flag on it, but it's really hard to tell.

You say that it doesn't feel swollen, but sore... is it sore to the touch? when applying pressure does the pain intensify? or change to more of a sharp pain?
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 01:47:32 PM »
The sinus headaches and drainage has subsided since the anti biotics. now its just ear pain, going down the side of my neck and gland pain. it's new pain after starting the anti biotic and getting worse little by little.

would anyone else be ok with waiting until april 15th to go to the ent!? or go to the ER for better reassurance?

ive heard horror stories of bugs getting in peoples ears and stuff ...eeeewwww

It sounds like your doctor is telling you to go to an ENT more for your own reassurance rather than necessity. It took antibiotics with a steroid nasal spray, and another round of antibiotics with oral steroids a few weeks later along with a daily nasal rinse to lessen my sinus infection. I'd only say go to the ENT to figure out whats causing your sinus infection since the antibiotics are helping you and will most likely get rid of it. Me for example I've never and don't have any allergies nor do I have any environmental triggers in my home. A deviated septum would of given me sinus issues throughout my life. Never had a sinus infection or issues until this year. Turns out in my city nearly 85% of the people going to their doctors these last few months have been due to sinus infections all because of the weather. The other day it was 70+ degrees and people were wearing T-shirts out. Literally the very next day we had snow and it was 30 degrees with a ton of wind. The cold weather causes your nasal passages to become inflamed and when it warms up its the perfect place for bacteria.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »

Is it a dull or sharp pain? Even though you've been cleared of sinuses, there could still be some irritation going on until things are fully subsided, I mean if this has been months since your last sinus issues I might pull a red flag on it, but it's really hard to tell.

You say that it doesn't feel swollen, but sore... is it sore to the touch? when applying pressure does the pain intensify? or change to more of a sharp pain?

the gland is just a bit sore when i push on it... doesn't feel swollen though. the ear pain feels really deep and is just very sore. sometimes the discomfort goes down the side of my neck.  the sinus infection just went away a few days ago, but i'm still on antibiotics.

The thing is, my gp checked my ears last week (just when it began getting sore) and she said it looked fine. I guess i need the ENT to be able to get a deeper look then what my gp can
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
    Cold
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »
the gland is just a bit sore when i push on it... doesn't feel swollen though. the ear pain feels really deep and is just very sore. sometimes the discomfort goes down the side of my neck.  the sinus infection just went away a few days ago, but i'm still on antibiotics.

Well just because you feel it went away, doesn't mean it's not still lingering there, you're still in a recovery process. I mean the fact that it is no longer bothering you, that has went away but the fact you're still on antibiotics, depending on how many you have left, still kind of shows you the timeline of how these infections work. I would continue to keep taking your antibiotics, even after you feel the ease of symptoms, usually you'll be prescribed a prolonged dosage that is taken, even after the infection has went away, might be with your last couple/few pills are for in your prescription.

Glad to hear that it's clearing up though.

The discomfort down the side of your neck is most likely the pain radiating from the spot at which is sore. nerves are nerves, they go everywhere. your body is in recovery and it's firing off signals left and right.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 02:33:47 PM »
Yes, you have a point about the raidiating pain. If it wasn't my lymph node/gland that hurt I would be in better spirits about it
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »
So I called the ENT...they move my appt from april 15th to this weds... i sure hope they didn't do it because they are seriously concerned about the symptoms as I spoke to the nurse. I feel a little relieved that I am being seen much sooner, but also very nervous that they will find something like throat/lymph node/neck cancer ....

hopefully someone else can relate with these fears and help me at ease until i get any results from probable tests the ENT will run.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
    Cold
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
So I called the ENT...they move my appt from april 15th to this weds... i sure hope they didn't do it because they are seriously concerned about the symptoms as I spoke to the nurse.

They only bumped your date up because there was a cancellation/opening. How would the accommodate if every patient called in requesting the same exact thing? I'm glad to see you got bumped sooner.

As stated above, If a doctor recommends something to you, it doesn't always mean that something is wrong. You always have to protect your bases, as a doctor especially, sending you to a doctor who specializes in ears nose and throat related complications is only putting you in better hands. Doctors do their best to be proactive with each patient.

I wrecked my motorcycle, got up, paced from all the adrenaline, walked out of the ambulance (refused medical transport) got on my motorcycle and drove it all the way home and then got a ride to the hospital with my kneecap ripped to the white.

Even though I was walking and pacing and even rode my motorcycle home, they still wheeled me to Radiology to get X-rays done just to see if I broke anything. Because had they not have done that, and later on down the road my kneecap blows out from what began as a little fracture, You bet your money I'd be getting a brand new leg and a new house on that Doctor's tab.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 04:05:27 PM »
So I called the ENT...they move my appt from april 15th to this weds... i sure hope they didn't do it because they are seriously concerned about the symptoms as I spoke to the nurse. I feel a little relieved that I am being seen much sooner, but also very nervous that they will find something like throat/lymph node/neck cancer ....

hopefully someone else can relate with these fears and help me at ease until i get any results from probable tests the ENT will run.

Your symptoms are do NOT AT ALL resemble any of those.  It's sinus issues.  Remember just a few days ago you were convinced you had a brain tumor?  THis is how anxiety works.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 04:11:24 PM »
Im trying to think rationally that this is viral maybe..
Bookmark and Share

Tags: