So, of course nothing normal can ever happen to me, and I find myself here at 3:15am because I can't sleep and am nauseous from anxiety thinking I was exposed to/am infected with a brain eating amoeba.
Last night while showering, I got some shampoo in my eyes. While trying to rinse it out, I tilted my head up. Apparently, I tilted it at just the right angle, because I felt one of the water jets from the shower hose forcefully spray the tap water water up my nose. It was very uncomfortable as i could feel it pushing past the narrowing in my nasal cavity and drip down my throat. As a gut reaction, I was then forced to "snort" the water to be able to spit it out. So, most people can find comfort by knowing they didn't "forcefully inhale" the water they were exposed to...most times I've thought about naegleria fowleri, this has been my one comfort to bring me back to sanity. But this time I did "forcefully inhale" and the water was shot up my nose, although not by choice, really. And I am in Louisiana.
Also- just to lessen confusion, h. Pylori is a bacteria in the gut, not an amoeba. The amoeba is naegleria fowleri, and all the scientific names can get confusing. Just wondering if the article in immunity was for h. Pylori, the bacteria, which would make more sense, altough not to my comfort =\