Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: symtoms that go away and come back ?  (Read 386 times)

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
symtoms that go away and come back ?
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
I have already had many symptoms over the years since my HA started 2 years ago when my dad passed away. Most recently it has been slight nausea (not sure if its actually nausea or a sick yucky feeling inside) and a feeling like my throat is raw and something is stuck, but also very mild. What's weird though is that it comes and goes and always dissapears at night when I go to bed and also in the morning when I'm lying in bed. I'm wondering, the fact that I had this symptom before and it eventually went away and that its a come\go feeling and not consistent or getting worse point towards it being anxiety and not something sinister ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: symtoms that go away and come back ?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 05:31:09 PM »
No one has any feedback/comments for me ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »
In general things that wax and wane aren't caused by something sinister, If it's really bothering you could always go to your doc or a walk in clinic
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »
That's always the rule of thumb I use - if it came one day and stayed the same, or comes and goes and never progresses it can't be anything bad.  The WORST it could be is just a little acid.  Then again, acid would be worse laying down, so it probably is absolutely nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 06:21:55 PM »
Yeah that is what I keep telling myself. Its amazing though at night when I'm tired I sleep like a baby and don't have any nausea like feeling. Also dissapears when I'm doing anything with my lady if you know what I mean hehe. Seriously though ... I call it nausea but its more of a sick yuck feeling. Anyone have this ???
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »
Oh another thing. I never have more than one symptom at a time. For example, last week I had these slight chest pains that when I had them I didn't have any nausea. Then when that went away the nausea came back
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »
Nobody here would be able to tell, but I am positive to say anxiety is mostly taking play on this. the more you think it's there the longer it will linger. depending on how often or other related side effects play off of it, then I'd seek professional action. I hope things clear up for you.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »
Just wondering when you say, "Sick yukky feeling" - could you mean your stomach just feels blah and heavy?  And are you not hungry but if you started to eat you can eat just fine?   IF that's what you mean, welcome to my world.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »
No I have an appetite. Its like a nausea feeling but its not, I mean I don't even come close to want to barf
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »
My doctor told me that if a symptom comes and goes, than it is typically nothing to be concerned about. My GI physician
told me that in many cases the cause of nausea is never found.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:56 AM »
I'm off work today. I woke up feeling fine and then once I got out of bed the nausea like feeling started. I then decided to take a nap and the moment I hit the bed the feeling went away. Does this point towards it being anxiety ? Doesn't make sense that it dissapears like that? Your thoughts plss
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alphaba79

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sick
    Sick
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »
Anxiety can really do a number on your stomach. I have chronic nausea and the worst is always when I am at high stress levels.
I would be willing to bet it is anxiety-related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
I have similar symptoms, it's a feeling like acid itself is rising up from my stomach and into my throat. In my case, it's purely anxiety. Sometimes it happens just before I have an anxiety attack - I'll feel nauseous and have that sick feeling in my throat. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »
I'm off work today. I woke up feeling fine and then once I got out of bed the nausea like feeling started. I then decided to take a nap and the moment I hit the bed the feeling went away. Does this point towards it being anxiety ? Doesn't make sense that it dissapears like that? Your thoughts plss

Is there anything triggering this? Surely this nausea isn't just popping out of the woodwork is it? Even if it is, it could be simple stomach issue that may cause it, nausea is a very minor and very broad symptom. You could see a doctor but without any other signs or causes, it would be hard for him to diagnose you with something, or he might diagnose you with something minor, that maybe isn't neccessarily the case but shows the same symptoms. He might put you on nausea medication that you'd be taking, I'm thinking possibly Promethazine but that might be incorrect, I need to study up on my pharmaceuticals...

But as Clipper stated, it might be anxiety-induced. Anxiety makes you aware, it keeps you protected. it's your body's fortress-mode. if that is firing of signals, it might cause a change in appetite, and/or shifts in your stomach's behavior. I'm not sure if it releases or changes the Ph of your stomach acid, I have no clue, but it'd make sense... hence what's causing the nausea.

Have you tried maybe Dramamine? It's an anti-motion sickness, or noticed and problems with balance? the fluid in your ears that control balance could cause nausea so I've heard, but I'm not 100% on that either.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
It started 2 years ago when my dad died. My first symptom was nausea, then it shifted to a lightheaded floating sensation. Once that went away, i had an increase in urination for about a month.then i had a weird skin rash that i obsessed about for 2 months. Then i started having pain on my left and right sides of abdomen. Then once that went away started d having gas and rumbling stomach. Then thay went away and then came some acid reflux. Now that is gone and i have a nausea type of,feeling that is really on and off. Its always better at night and like i said ... When i go to bed and im also waking up in the morning or in the middle of the night i feel fine. I just find it odd how i never have more than 1 symptom at a time and how it comes and goes. I've been told that points towards it being anxiety as something sinister would cause constant symptoms and would get worse over time. Is this correct ???
Bookmark and Share

Tags: