Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: What optical symptoms do Neurogical diseases present with?  (Read 106 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
What optical symptoms do Neurogical diseases present with?
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »
A little bit concerned because as many of you who've been on this forum in the last week know I've been worrying daily about MS/ALS and other neurological conditions.

I'm not sure if it's because I've been on my phone so so much every day googling and coming on this forum but I can feel burning and strain in my eyes, a bit of redness too. I also posted yesterday that I've noticed in the last year or so that when I go from looking at my phone for 5-10 minutes and then look at the cable box clock or something small like that it's pretty blurry and hard to read. Also, when I'm in class and looking at papers on my desk and then look at the projector screen or whiteboard at the front of the room I struggle to read that too.

Is this the type of optical issues that present in someone with neuro issues or is this unrelated? Or better yet, is it normal to have issues adjusting from staring at your phone to reading something far away?
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: What optical symptoms do Neurogical diseases present with?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »
Unrelated. Computer Vision Syndrome, which comes from staring at screens, causes that, and yes, it's normal for your eyes to have to take a moment to adjust.

If you're having trouble reading things, I would make my way to an optometrist and not a neurologist.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: