Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 16 and emetophobic :)  (Read 105 times)

Offline PaigeyLeighWolf

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
16 and emetophobic :)
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:45:19 AM »
Heya, new person here, just thought id introduce myself :)

I'm 16 and have had what id call a pretty bad fear of vomiting since I was maybe 12, this causes me to have odd eating patterns, at the moment im struggling with eating enough food every day but hopefully ill get out of this rut soon :)  But it's only recently that it has turned from a fear of feeling ill to just general anxiety (somewhat caused by my fear of panic attacks... not a fun cycle to be in)

Basically, I'm trying a lot of different things to try and get better, and one of those things was to seek out help or just general support in others in my situation online, so here I am :)

I'm Paige, nice to meet you all *handshake* :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ssssslytherin

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 16 and emetophobic :)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 04:28:57 AM »
Hi Paige!

I'm new too, but thought I'd mention that I, too, had a more moderate version of vom phobia from elementary age on up until early thirties. You just taught a new vocab word to some of us!

It's only recently that I managed to think my way out of the total panic attacks I used to get from it, which is a major milestone. I hope you see that happy day before your teens are over. :-)

It's GREAT that you're recognizing your condition this early, and choosing to take constructive action. Good job!!

Bookmark and Share

Offline PaigeyLeighWolf

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »
Hi Paige!

I'm new too, but thought I'd mention that I, too, had a more moderate version of vom phobia from elementary age on up until early thirties. You just taught a new vocab word to some of us!

It's only recently that I managed to think my way out of the total panic attacks I used to get from it, which is a major milestone. I hope you see that happy day before your teens are over. :-)

It's GREAT that you're recognizing your condition this early, and choosing to take constructive action. Good job!!

Heya :)

Yea it's not the most pleasant fear, you cant run away from your own stomach! haha :P
And im an obsessive googler so I found the term "emetophobia" pretty quick XD

That is definitely a majoy milestone, good on you! I'm hoping I can get to that point some day, progress progress haha
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:16:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue