Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Have no interest in my appearance anymore?  (Read 297 times)

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Have no interest in my appearance anymore?
« on: March 15, 2014, 10:06:46 AM »
It's really getting me down, I used to love makeup, trying new things with my hair, taking selfies for fun.. Since my break up last year, I just don't care anymore. I got new makeup for Christmas, it just sits there.

It's not like I have anyone to dress up for, I hardly have reason to leave the house, no friends. At one time, I thought I could meet someone online, maybe become good friends and meet in person, but I haven't had much luck with that either.

I feel alone, isolated, and like "why bother with beauty anymore?".

How can I change this and get my love of makeup back again?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Have no interest in my appearance anymore?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 07:38:42 AM »
There is nothing wrong with a little bit of self love. It is allowed. Social media is a big thing these days. This site even has its own social media site. The link can found up the top of the forum. Anxiety zone wire. You will make new friends there. Plus you can add a few pictures. Put on your make up and look all smart. Just to make yourself feel good about you. A good lot of us spend most of our hours in the house. We could all say ' sure we are not going anywhere at all, what is the point in paying attention to how we look '. It is an easy way out of making any kind of effort. Heck, I'm forever posting pictures of myself. Why? Because I want to. It is not about showing out. Mr big head or anything like that. Gives me a chance to get a bit cleaned up for the pictures. We are never going to post bad pictures of ourselves. Why not join the wire section of this site. Post a few pictures. Look your best in them. If might be the kick start you need. There are always plenty of members looking for new friends. In the exact same position you are now.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline nomoretears

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 08:39:15 AM »
Lol thanks so much for the reply, I just might. You have certainly cheered me up a bit, thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mta214

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 08:53:44 AM »
I like Cuchculan' s reply. Do it for you.  You are worth it; we all are.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
Come, join us on the far side, we have cookies.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mhmommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:08:55 AM »
you sound like me. i am trying to do it for my 5 year old daughter. we havent done makeup, etc. in ages.
yesterday we did st pattys nail colors with a friend and i bought a lipgloss for the first time in months. ive
been avoiding all of my products, barely putting on deodorant etc. start small maybe, something that will
perk you up e.g. if you like perfume. doing it for someone else or having a buddy has been good motivation
for me. and, i try not to beat myself up about it.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 11:33:55 AM »
What's on the far side? What sort of cookies? Our appearance can actually get us out of our slump. If you like makeup put it on......for yourself. That's what our appearance can be......for ourself.

I can't be bothered with any makeup but like my outfits. Enjoy colors, texture, layers. It is a simple pleasure we can give ourself every day. And finding pleasures, independent of others, is crucial. Interests, hobbies can go a long way to keep us afloat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: