Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Unexpected Change  (Read 207 times)

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Unexpected Change
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:46:37 PM »
My health anxiety is changing from being just about me, to being about myself and my family.  I am constantly worried something bad is going to fall upon my family.  Especially my one year old brother.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Unexpected Change
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
I recently went through a similar change. My anxiety for years used to be about only my son, now it is just about me and my health. I found it easier to worry and have anxiety about my son, my anxiety over my own health is really bad and difficult to deal with.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »
Yes.  It's awful.  It seems as soon as you figure out to deal with anxiety over one thing, it swaps and you have to relearn all over again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:22:38 PM »
That's exactly it, re learning how to deal with it is really hard, like starting all over again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:54:13 AM »
That's exactly how I feel, like I'm starting all over.  I had gotten a lot better about worrying about myself and then this happened.  This seems almost worse.  I feel like I would rather something happen to me than my brother or any of my family.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 12:09:56 PM »
I am going through this right now. My ha started with me and my health. Now I'm constantly worried about my child (current fear is leukemia) and health of my family members, along with myself too. It's never ending, exhausting, and awful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 10:19:31 PM »
Mom21 I know what you mean.  My brother is almost two and he gets sick a lot and he has a lymph node in his neck that has been swollen for months.  His doctor says it's normal but I have a hard time trusting doctors.  I'm 20 so there's a significant age difference between he and I so I feel kind of like another mom so I guess it's normal to worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 12:17:36 AM »
Most certainly go through the same thing.  MOST of my worries are still directed at myself, but I also get intensely anxious about the health of my parents and brother.

I think it's relatively normal for anxiety to shift around.  In the same way that we often jump from one disease to the next, I think a lot of us also experience our anxieties shifting from one person to another. 

I try to remember that we are each our own person and my worrying about my mom isn't going to change a thing.  If anything were to happen to her, it would be devastating, but I could handle it.  I am stronger than I think I am and I guarantee you are too.
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Tags: