Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: CONSTNAT SHORTNESS OF BREATH? IS IT ANXIETY?  (Read 643 times)

Offline bigg12x

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
CONSTNAT SHORTNESS OF BREATH? IS IT ANXIETY?
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:08 AM »
Im 23 year male and very healthy life style and don't smoke. All day I get shortness of breath where breath doesn't go all the way down. It seems to go away when I eat like crazy as in full my stomach. I did a surgrey tummy tuck 2012 and it kidna started from there but has gotten worse. Checked with surgron and it had nothing to do with surgery he said. Can it be anxiety. Got a chest and lat xray showed no lung problem and checked oxygen which was normal doctor said... I have a over thinking problem where I think all day non stop worrying about things? any ideas?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ahefner33

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: CONSTNAT SHORTNESS OF BREATH? IS IT ANXIETY?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
Yeah. What happens is subconcisouly your chest wall muscles and back muscles will slightly tense up and then when you observe the troubled breathing, then it leads to exasperating the problem. I went through a battery of test at the mayo because of this feeling. Then the DR suggested this could be what was going on. When I was put on a anti-anxiety medicine, which has muscle relexant properties, it always went away. I also realized it too when I was placed on muscle relaxants for neck issues. If you been checked out good then its a strong chance this is whats causing it
Bookmark and Share
Live

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 07:59:29 PM »
If your lungs and everything else was normal it could definitely be anxiety. I never have breathing problems until I start having some type of anxiety, and then I'll occasionally feel a chest tightness that makes it somewhat harder to get a deep breath. The more I focus on it and try to breathe or control my breathing the harder it gets, but if I just don't focus to my breathing I don't have any issues.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bigg12x

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »
so what is the solution? what should I do? most likely dr will give a med Im guessing correct? and will this go away or meds forever if it is meds
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »
I have been worrying non stop lately aswell and I have had shortness of breath aswell. I went to emerg for my shortness of breath and everything came out fine. When I get shortness of breath I start breathing exercises right away. I am also starting to learn to meditate.
Bookmark and Share

Offline playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 10:06:53 PM »
I'm short of breath all the time. Worse with exercise.  All I've been checked for is asthma, but at 18 what else could really be wrong.  I find that I control my breathing like 99.9 percent of the time, and when it becomes unnatural like that, I probably hyperventilate and get short of breath.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bigg12x

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 12:45:36 PM »
so it is a case of anxiety? and there is no REAL cure for it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ahefner33

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »
Bigg,

Distraction. I've always found when I'm distracted I never even have this problem. Its only when focused upon. Its alot easier said than done though. Usually with me personally, if I start having other symptoms I'll completely stop worrying about the breathing thing cause I am focused on the new symptom. That's why I think the anti-meds work for me because they relax you and give you the feeling you don't really care. I would only do that route though if your doc feels should. Distraction though is key to me.
Bookmark and Share
Live

Offline bigg12x

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 11:15:43 PM »
yea true..... but I don't know anything else it can be... im a healthy kid and diet year round and cardio al lthe itme... maybe tsince my operation more stress... I know im very very unpatient all the time and always moving... those can be signs of it maybe... just need cure or medicine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bigg12x

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »
?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: