Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: fear of dying soon  (Read 402 times)

Offline natp89

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
fear of dying soon
« on: March 13, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »
Hey everyone so over a month ago I started to feel nervous and scared. And so I started to think what if I feel like that because im going to die. And ever since I got so scared and anxious. I guess ive always had a fear of death it got worse after having my son. I look at him and I just wanna cry I love him so much.... so first I already Had this bad feeling that I started getting this pain in my chest that made it worse after I woke up with horrible pain on my arm and that sent me straight to the hospital turns out it was nothing... the pain was there for a while and I kept thinking maybe something was wrong and I didnt know well the pain went away bt the feeling didnt... I was already obsessing over it and ever since I cant stop im scared theres days where I cant even sleep or eat cause of how bad I feel... maybe that made it worse idk... I just keep thinking what of something bad is gunna happen to me? And I wont be there for my son well my birthday is next month and im so scared I wont be here uugh I haye even writing it im just so scared.. theres moments where im ok but than this thoughts come rushing onto my mond and I feel terrible im so scared to think about the future... and than when I feel ok I wonder why I was thinking like that and I just wanna feel like myself again and not beingable to makes it worse. I wanna be happy and enjoy my son :(
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: fear of dying soon
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 06:35:32 AM »
Well let us use a bit of logic here. Is there any medical reason why you should die soon? You went to the hospital. They done a few tests. It was nothing. Just anxiety. So we know that in reality there is nothing wrong with you in the medical sense of the word. These pains are from anxiety. The fact that you are focusing on them is what is making them worse. If you found something new to focus on those pains would go away. We have all had bad times. Times when we couldn't see a future. Death is common fear with anxiety sufferers. But we are all still here. Still living our lives. You just need something to focus on. To take your mind off of yourself and these thoughts. You'll still be alive when your baby is all grown up and you'll have many happy days with that same child. As you watch him grow and begin to live his adult life.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 08:21:37 AM »
Anxiety, stress, etc. presents itself in any number of ways. Especially for the sake of your son you want to do all you can to be the loving, confident, healthy parent he needs and deserves. Maybe you want to consider a therapist, maybe some mild meds.

Now I recently watched an interview with a man who wrote a book titled "Hyper-Chondriac" that sounds very interesting. His name is Brian Frazer. Perhaps your library has the book and it can help you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline natp89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 09:08:21 AM »
I recently started seeing a therapist and I will see a physiologist in a few weeks... I did realize that when I started feeling this way was after being home alone all day everyday not being able to leave because webhad snow storm after snow storm I lost my grandmother. And the anxiety started after a nightmare than my son had a nightmare and I guess I had nothing to focus on being home all day I started focusing on that everyday... uugh idk why I let myself do that. Im starting to feel better bt at the same time i still feel worry... I always have been a worrywart I feel thats the way I protect myself I guess
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »
It's tough to be locked in, but you must smile for your little one. Problem is no-one is prepared and accepting of how life ends. Except me. Of course not when young, but the old, well, it is the natural course of life. The old need to reassure the young they leave behind.

Be strong for your little one. Soon you'll be able to bundle him up and take him for a short outing. Bad weather passes and the sun shines again. Hope it shines for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jennifersanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 10:54:32 PM »
Have no fear, its all apart of anxiety.  anxeity manifests itself in different ways.  Sometimes I think I might die when I get sick but I just say that's irrational thought.
Bookmark and Share

Offline natp89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 03:01:37 AM »
Jennifer its so hard when you're stuck like this.  I will look for "signs" so if something is different it must be a sign I will not do alot of things like if a song says the word death I will not say it. Or I will just avoid doing things that seem a person who is gunna die would.. I had the curiosity to goole people who knew they would die and that sent me straight into panic mode. . Ugh idk if these feeling are real or not. I even have nightmares where i wake up so scared idk if it has to do with all the events that have happened lately like my grandma dying n this lady I knew.  I think that affected me the most cause she was ok and than one day she wasnt feeling good and had invasive cancer and than passed so quick.  Ugh I wanted to help her so bad and I couldnt.  Idk if that made me realize how life changes so quick.  It's scares me. I also lost my brother 2 years ago. N to this day I have notalloud myself to feel.I hate feeling so out of control
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »
Dying is my biggest fear. I have health anxiety but i really am only afraid of things that i think will kill me and it just stems from my fear of death. I'll be 21 next month and i never dealt with this fear much in my teens since i never really thought about it- then all of a sudden something shifted in my head and i realized i could die any day. Now i know the chances of me dying soon are low as the doctors all seem to think i'm fine and the odds are just in my favour.

It really is a terrible way to live :( sometimes i hear about someone dying and i just can't take it. the only thing that keeps me from having a FULL BLOWN meltdown is my age, and reminding myself that i'm so young and death should be so far away. But once that is no longer on my side, i don't know how i'll cope.
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: