Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Bigeminy during Panic attacks  (Read 373 times)

Offline jgmoo123

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bigeminy during Panic attacks
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »
Hello, I am a 34 year old female and have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for about 12 years now.  I've been resistant to taking medicine over the years and was trying to deal with it without meds.  The last three months have been a total nightmare with getting palpatations, PVC, bigeminy, and panic attacks.  I took some zoloft for a little while but the side affects made me stop taking it.  I've been told many times by my personal doctor as well as ER docs that panic attacks cannot kill you.  I've had heart tests and all and all have come out normal.  The last time I was at the ER the doc there scared me to death because he started telling me of healthy athletes dropping dead because of bigeminy during a panic attack.  That almost put me in the psych ward.  Anyway my doctor after that has assured me that I am not going to die because of this.  However that stupid ER doctors words are still ringing in my head.  So my question is, is there anyone out there that has bigeminy during a panic attack and live to tell the tale?   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bigeminy during Panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
numbering aberrant rhythms are not known to be fatal or even dangerous, unless you already have another, more dangerous cardiac disorder.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jgmoo123

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:55:41 AM »
Thanks! So even if you have them during a panic attack, correct?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LilJenny45

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:45 PM »
Per my cardiologist, unless you have structural issues (i.e. damage from a heart attack, valve issues, etc), PVC's are NOT indicative of any increased risk of sudden cardiac death regardless of whether they occur during panic attacks or during exercise or at rest.  Athletes that "drop dead" are almost always found to have underlying disease they were previously unaware of.

Also, that ER doc is a jerk for saying something like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:11:03 PM »
I agree. that the ER doc was a jerk, but some of them are.  I can tell you that I have been in a near-constant state of bigeminy for the past three years and neither my PCP nor my cardiologist seem terribly worried about it.  I underwent gallbladder surgery and my first memory of the recovery room was the nurses talking about my heart rate: "Did you know her rate was bigeminal even under anesthesia?"  :laugh3: But I've had many normal ECGs and EKGs and despite a huge amount of health anxiety, I almost never worry about my heart.  I just figure it would have taken me out by now since I'm 46.  Hope you get some peace of mind about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Breathless

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 10:25:46 PM »
That doc is a douche bag. I have PVCs and panic attacks and haven't dropped dead yet. I have had a thorough heart work up and everything was normal.
Bookmark and Share
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I yet have heard, it seems to me most strange that men should fear; Seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come." Julius Caesar

Tags: