Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain aneurysm fear. Can anyone relate?  (Read 143 times)

Offline drewsif204

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain aneurysm fear. Can anyone relate?
« on: March 13, 2014, 11:59:16 AM »
So basically im worried about my anxiety causing an aneurysm to form in my brain. Last summer i had an mri done for headaches and of course it came up clear. About 6 months ago i had another one due to a terrible migraine i suddenly got at work, also came back clear. The only consistent finding was "oh, you have thick sinus walls". The other night i was laying in bed ready to fall asleep and noticed that i couldn't reach the peak of my yawn without my head kind of hurting. Wich is what set me off to now.

I ust to get these types of heart palpitations  where id feel it comming, take a deep breath and would feel a strong beat (ive had my heart all checked up as well) but now insted of the feeling in my chest it goes to my head. This along with the yawning thing, and general headaches ive been lead to believe that "yep, im dead". So basically to recap, im having headaches and weird head pulsation feelings and am just really stressed out and worried that im subconsciously telling my brain to form an aneurysm wich i know is ridiculous but yet... anxiety.  My doctor told me that it was basically impossible for me to develop one because of my blood pressure (normal) and i have no other risk factors except for anxiety, and was about to send me to a neurologist just to be safe but then remembered the sinus thing and said "well thats that" (DOH).

Im just ranting here and this is all jumbled up but long story short, im really scared... im down right depressed thinking that i just ruined my life by subconsciously forming an aneurysm. Any advice? Can anyone just tell me that thats the most absurd thing they have ever heard. Sorry for the messy post  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain aneurysm fear. Can anyone relate?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »
I once heard someone tell an amputee that if he prayed enough Jesus would make his leg grow back, so I have to say they what you said is the second most absurd thing I have heard. (lol) Try to relax, you can't give yourself an aneurysm by thinking about it anymore than I can turn into a butterfly by thinking about it.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline drewsif204

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 12:08:55 PM »
I once heard someone tell an amputee that if he prayed enough Jesus would make his leg grow back, so I have to say they what you said is the second most absurd thing I have heard. (lol) Try to relax, you can't give yourself an aneurysm by thinking about it anymore than I can turn into a butterfly by thinking about it.  Hang in there!
Lol, you have no idea how many jokes have stemmed off of this between me and my girlfriend... but thanks for the reply. Anxiety sucks  :sick0002:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 12:22:49 PM »
Yes it does!  But laughter is good medicine and a supportive partner is even better.  Maybe put on a movie and try comedy therapy?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: