Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is my wife OCD?  (Read 257 times)

Offline Hazard17

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is my wife OCD?
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »
Hello everyone. I am new here and this is my story I am going through for more than three years now:

I need your help as I am having a lot of troubles with my wife there is a lot to say but I'll try to be short:
After two months we started dating i didn't like her behavior and so many things she did. I felt like she didn't care for me so I started speaking with another girl on Internet. I never kissed, met or do something with her. I just did it because I felt bad but anyways it was a mistake and I accept that. I apologized to my gf for what I did but we broke up and although I loved her so much I had to admit that we must go on alone. After some months she called me back and wanted to try again with me. I asked her if she had forggiven me and she answered yes. I was 21 years old and happy that we got back each other. I tattoed her name on my arms just to demonstrate her my love. We got married after very few months we were together. I know it was a mistake and I was stupid, only 21 years old. But I thought that there was not cheating by me. I mean i spoke with another girl love words and so on for few weeks but I never minded to cheat in my wife.

Anyways we got married but there are so many things she does with me like abusing physically etc.  I am writting some of:
She doesnt let me graduate. I have only ine exam left since I married her.
She keeps me at home and wont let me go out for anything in this world because she have to do some obssession and "wont " make them anymore. She says I have to close ine time and wont do them anymore. This have been for three years now.
She doesnt ket me speak with my family, not even on *****. I left everything I had back un my country just to be with her.
She does obssession just with me like where to put my legs, where to sit. She makes me speak in spanish, albanian just to make her obssessions.
She did throw me my mobiles, a lot of clothes, books. She doesnt let me have a wallet etc etc. there are so many things like this.

There are tons of things just like this but I dont want to write pages and pages. She feels ugly and stays closed in her room for days. I think she wants to revenge me because she tells me that I destroyed her life, I lied her, I cheated on her. Did I cheat in her? Does she have the rights to behave like this because of what I did? Isn't enough that for three years she have been acting like this to revenge me? Is this OCD? If not what can it be?
I proposed her consullting but she doesnt want and keeps having these obssession. She told me that I have to leave but before she needs to finish with obssession.

Guys I just need your help. Thank you so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluecanary

• ...in the outlet by the light switch
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is my wife OCD?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
It's difficult to make a second-hand assessment, since you're telling us about her actions, not her thoughts (which you have no way of knowing). Just based on your description, it certainly sounds as though she has some emotional problems that she pushes onto you. I can't tell you based on your description whether or not your wife has OCD, or if she feels the need to control your every move based on some other reason. Ultimately, however, whether she is suffering from OCD or something else, you cannot help her if she doesn't wish to be helped. The only way her behavior will improve is if she acknowledges that something is wrong and is willing to take the steps to fix it.

As much as we may want to, it's impossible to "fix" another person. What you need to do for yourself is to decide whether this is a situation you want to commit yourself to. If she's unwilling to seek counseling, you can certainly get counseling for yourself, which may help you learn how to cope with this situation, or to give you the confidence to remove yourself from it entirely, if that's what's best for you. I'd recommend seeking out a therapist who can work with you to help you make this decision.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: