Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Flash of light  (Read 119 times)

Offline Parker527

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Flash of light
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:53:35 PM »
Ok, I've had this visual artifact for a few years now but this one is bothering me.  For about a month I see a really quick flicker/flash of light in the same part of my vision.  About 11oclock right eye only.  Anyone see a flash in the same area?  It doesn't happen everyday, but when it does it's the same area.  Please help!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Flash of light
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »
Hi, I have had so many weird visual disturbances. I experience ocular migraines frequently, which start as a flash or blind spot like you describe. Then it progresses into a weird moving zig-zag pattern that eventually floats out of my field of vision after 20 minutes to an hour.

Just yesterday I saw this green ball of light whenever I closed my eyes, in the same spot each time. Later that night I saw a weird flash like you described every time I blinked. I went to the eye doctor yesterday and my eyes are perfectly fine... apparently my brain is too because I had an MRI in November.

Sometimes weird visual things happen. I have been seeing random colorful dots for months now. I'm not even going to go into all my visual symptoms! Anxiety can do really weird stuff to the eyes. Sometimes, people just experience weird visual things for no reason... I know I do. You could just be one of those people.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »
I get quick flashes of light in the corners of both of my eyes on and off, and have had this for a few years.  I mentioned it to my eye doctor and she had a good look.  She doesn't seem to worried about it, and neither am I really.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »
It WOULD be in the same place.   You should always see an eyedoctor when you get that as a precaution.   9,999 out of 10,000 it is nothing at all (merely the vitreous fluid tugging on the retina) but it could be a little tear starting in the retina.  I've been getting things like that for over 35 years (REAL bad! Not just flickers of light, but big BALLS of light) nothing has EVER been wrong.  But you should get it checked if this is the first time for you.   (I don't even bother anymore because I'd have to move a cot into my eye doctor's office and LIVE there!)  LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »
I am so happy someone wrote this post because I have this as well. Mines is in the left eye at around 11 o clock as well. I see mines when I move my eye rapidly on a bright white background. Its a small circle of bright light. I can swear I've never noticed this before until now. Strangely, I can see it better when using polarized lenses. I have my vision checked yearly and I'm not due again until June. I don't know what this thing is but then again, I have so many weird eye symptoms that its ridiculous.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline Parker527

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:10 AM »
Thanks for the replies!!!  I been having so many weird eye flashes, flickers, spots on and off over the past several years, I'd say what bothered me about this one was the consistency of it being in the same upper part of my vision.  I'm sure you guys can all relate to the anxiety that comes along with this stuff!  ;-). Do you guys mostly see it in one eye or the other?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 07:14:10 AM »
I have problems with BOTH eyes - the left will get a ball of yellow light, or a quick flash, the right will get a LARGE ball of light in the right corner that will split and one part will go up and the other down.  I have had SO many problems for SO many years that anything new I get I just sigh, get mad and say, "What now!?" 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: