Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Adding Holistic herbs to my meds  (Read 273 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Adding Holistic herbs to my meds
« on: March 12, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »
Since my rx meds are no longer controlling my anxiety, and I will not have insurance for another month, I have done some research and found that some people use Passionflower as a supplement. So, I went and got some, and took my first pill today. I also decided to grab a spray of Rescue Remedy. I give this to my dog after she has a seizure, and it seems to help, so I got a formulation that her and I can both use. I am trying it myself today for the first time.

I am really hoping this helps me. Something eventually has to help!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline insights

• Rec's: 125
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Adding Holistic herbs to my meds
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
Since my rx meds are no longer controlling my anxiety

What are the meds? Please be aware that most psych meds should be weaned off, not stopped 'cold-turkey'.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Delomelanican

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Adding Holistic herbs to my meds
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »
Not sure about herbs , but you can look into glycine ( amino acid) , niacinamide ( b vitamin) or inositol (b vitamin).
For me , the most effective treatment was supplementing niacinamide daily. Anxiety and physical symptoms associated were significantly reduced. There is a fair amount of research and clinical use of niacinamide for a wide variety of problems. Safety has been demonstrated, but I would let a doctor know that you want to start as it has in doses over 3 grams a day elevated liver enzymes. There has been one case of niacinamide with someone using 9 grams a day contracting hepatitis , but this returned to normal after discontinuing treatment. Generally it's extremely well tolerated and effective.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/12203298_Safety_of_high-dose_nicotinamide_a_review

For further reading have a look at Johnathon prouskys published studies of niacinamide . He has used it ina. clinical setting with good results , also. heck out abram hoffer ( MD , Phd.) and william kaufmans work.( MD)

There is a blog of mine on this site where I briefly summarize research supporting niacinamide's therapeutic effect for anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything