Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Cold fingers & blue fingernails-- when is it time to panic?!  (Read 101 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
Cold fingers & blue fingernails-- when is it time to panic?!
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:17:04 AM »
This is driving me nuts!! The past week, I've been really cold. It's room temperature in the room I'm at, but I've noticed that my hands are cold. Which is fine, I can deal with that, but I've been noticing that at times, my fingernails turn blue-- whether I'd be coming in from outside for a smoke, or even if I'm sitting on the couch. I'VE HAD TO PAINT MY NAILS TO AVOID LOOKING AT THEM ALL THE TIME!!! Examining the color of my nails has become an obsession.  I'm really freaking out about the nails turning blue. I'm really trying to quit smoking-- cold turkey hasn't worked for me, and the medication I was on worked really well, but I don't have money for it.

Please help, I'm at my wits end!!!
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cold fingers & blue fingernails-- when is it time to panic?!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:26 AM »
Running it past your doctor isn't a bad idea, especially if it's this distressing to you. No need to panic, though. It could be as simple as a circulation problem or even nothing to worry about at all. In fact, quitting smoking might stop the problem entirely, because smoking affects blood oxygen levels, which can lead to cyanosis. So, no need to panic, but running it by your doc isn't a bad idea.  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: