Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really confused with pain - lymph nodes or not?  (Read 153 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Really confused with pain - lymph nodes or not?
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:13:03 PM »
Okay... to start off... this has happened before and it was weird than and I've not been able to figure it out.. at all.

A few months ago I had a week or so of my armpits hurting. Mostly on my left side more than my right ... I am really really terrible at checking lymph nodes but I thought it might be one was swollen or something (I was sweating a lot when it occurred) but I couldn't feel anything that and upon touching the area's where the lymph nodes would be I didn't feel any pain and so it went away on its own. (And to be clear... the pain is usually like that of my headaches, where it comes and goes).

Fast forward to probably a few weeks ago I've been experiencing the armpit pain again along with pain along my neck. Which again - I'm worried is lymph node pain... but whenever I feel around for my lymph nodes, I don't feel any pain - they don't feel swollen, and I had my mom feel around and she didn't feel anything either.

So my question to everyone is... does anyone have any idea about what in tar-nation is going on?

Edit: I'd also like to mention that the neck and armpit pain are both on my right side.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really confused with pain - lymph nodes or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 03:38:29 AM »
you could have easily strained those muscles doing something that seemed utterly benign at the time. You ever had a situation where you look down only to suddenly notice a very large bruise out of nowhere? Stuff like that. An injury that at the time was so minor that you don't remember how it happened. Neck and upper arm pain are very commonly seen together, due to how the muscles there work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternocleidomastoid_muscle like this
Bookmark and Share

Tags: