Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: does anyone else have this issue?  (Read 85 times)

Offline adellic

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
does anyone else have this issue?
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:33:22 PM »
hey everyone  :action-smiley-065:

so im just curious to know if anyone else has this problem, the problem being that whenever i see something on tv to do with health (like heart attacks/seizures etc), it triggers off your H/A?

i have been dealing with what i think is GAD/HA for a while now, first it was heart worries (after seeing something on TV), then seizure worries (AFTER seeing a STRANGER crash through a fence due to one) and now, after seeing something on tv this morning, its back to heart worries which has made me very anxious today, it sucks, because i had a good day yesterday and now im back at square one, feeling out of it and like something is going to happen to me (DIE).

im only 23 so i think the risks are low, but you know, i still cant convince myself 100%, its ruining my life and making me so depressed. especially since i have a little one to take care of - i feel like a shitt mother because some days i am strong and others i am not.

oh how i love anxiety and all the joyfull feelings it brings!!  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: does anyone else have this issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:36:50 PM »
Yes! This happens to me. I had to stop watching certain tv shows and reading certain magazines. Every mention of a health problem would set of anxiety symptoms. It's taking a lot of effort to get this under control, but I guess it's worth it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »
YES!  The radio station I listen to is ALWAYS talking about cancers and such!  (advertising "radiosurgery", advertising cancer centers) - they play this ominous music and some man or woman starts talking how their symptoms started, how they felt and what they went through and how the cancer center finally came through for them - usually I flip them off as soon as that music starts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:12:53 PM »
yup!!! when ever I'm working out i'll always hear radio ads for cancer treatments and such, and i'm like really?!?! I can't wait till I buy a new iPod  :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself