Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: depression after an afternoon nap, and anxiety dreams.  (Read 124 times)

Offline sigwafsus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
depression after an afternoon nap, and anxiety dreams.
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:48:45 PM »
I have been living with GAD with intermittent depression, I've been going through a tough couple of weeks.  Yesterday I was feeling a little anxious so i decided to take a nap to "escape" for a little while and maybe reset my anxiety level.  When I woke about and hour and a half later I felt deeply depressed for the rest of the evening.  This has happened in the past to me off and on... was wondering if anybody else had experience with this.

Also, when I went to sleep last night I had anxiety inducing dreams so when I woke up I was anxious and still depressed.  These dreams tend to happen pretty regularly (2-4) times a week and they really make for a rough start to my day and sometimes last the whole day.  Thankfully I have been feeling better since mid morning today.  Any advice on how to minimize these bad dreams?  I like being able to look forward to going to sleep when I am feeling bad because I know that tomorrow can always be better but bad dreams make it difficult.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: depression after an afternoon nap, and anxiety dreams.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:46 PM »
I've been dealing with GAD this winter.  Sometimes when I take a nap, I wake up and feel bad because I lost some of  the day.

Have you seen a therapist or tried any anti-anxiety meds?  Hope you feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sigwafsus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: depression after an afternoon nap, and anxiety dreams.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:35:59 PM »
I've been dealing with GAD this winter.  Sometimes when I take a nap, I wake up and feel bad because I lost some of  the day.

Have you seen a therapist or tried any anti-anxiety meds?  Hope you feel better.

Thank you, I don't think there is a reason that I feel bad though.  Sometimes, I'm happy to lose some of a bad day  :happy0151:.  I've been to three different therapists and no one can find anything that is triggering this.  I'm still seeing one.  It always ends up with them working with me on relaxation techniques that I often fail to do on a regular basis.  I was on Lexapro for 6 months with minimal benefit.  I have a prescription for effexor waiting for me to pick up but I'm reluctant because I'm going on a trip in about a week and don't want to be struggling getting used to the drug.  I've begun working out, doing daily relaxation exercises, eating better and trying to cleanse my body of any toxins that I feel could be the culprit here. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: