Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: accepting you are ok?  (Read 195 times)

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
accepting you are ok?
« on: March 10, 2014, 05:00:13 PM »
I have been having horrible fears fro the past 2 months that I have ALS/MND...I have one symptom so far and its not even a recognised symptom bitter taste in mouth.....I have been to 2 drs both sadi Im fine , have posted here told Im prob fine ??? why cant accept this and move on? Instead I feel Im becoming more scared everyday , as I think more symptoms are coming and then the end? I feel like Im going crazy sometimes , and continue to be scared no matter what I am told ???? Can people relate? ...what do we do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: accepting you are ok?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:26:11 PM »
I can relate.  Since I became more aware that I had health anxiety, I've read a lot of theories about why people have it. It's different for everyone of course.

However, the reason why people have chronic health anxiety is that something is not right. I don't mean it's whatever disease we're afraid of if we clearly don't have it, it's something else in our lives that isn't working.

For some people it could be a biochemical problem, hormonal imbalance, or just more of an awareness than others typically have. For others, it can come from some kind of trauma they haven't been able to cope with, or it could be a symptom of something else not being right about their everyday lives. Like feeling overworked, under-appreciated, trapped. Those kinds of things can manifest as anxiety.

The point is, whatever the reason anybody has anxiety, it isn't a choice, it isn't something that can be easily turned off. So don't blame yourself for being scared, but do try to find ways to treat your anxiety. If two doctors are telling you you're alright, I know it's still possible something was overlooked, but it is worth looking in to every option possible to feel better, and that might mean help with mental health first.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
I know what your going through. While my fears are about getting a Brain Aneurysm or Brain Tumour, I too have had a hard time accepting the fact that... I've had my symptoms come and go - and the ones that have remained, haven't gotten worse - which logically speaking, should rule out my fears.

But it's hard for us HA's to realize that we're okay because... we can't see inside ourselves every time we get a pain to know that it was benign and we are okay. The best thing's that I have found (speaking as someone who still sometimes suffers panic attacks and the like) is through exercise to prove to yourself that you're okay

Find an exercise routine that you like and think that you can do than do it every day. Starting with 5 minutes, than 6 the next day, ect. ect.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »
Anxiety can manifest itself in so many ways. I've often posted on here and sometimes I explain that I've had a "remission" from health anxiety - but the anxiety never went away...just the "health" part. I wasn't concerned about my health anymore, but instead I had a terrible fear of flying, or anxiety over my children, or finances, ect, ect, ect.

...but right now, I'd give anything to go back to those anxieties. I think health anxiety is the worst to suffer through.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 06:05:24 PM »
Anxiety can manifest itself in so many ways. I've often posted on here and sometimes I explain that I've had a "remission" from health anxiety - but the anxiety never went away...just the "health" part. I wasn't concerned about my health anymore, but instead I had a terrible fear of flying, or anxiety over my children, or finances, ect, ect, ect.

...but right now, I'd give anything to go back to those anxieties. I think health anxiety is the worst to suffer through.

I agree. You can avoid planes, being outside, cars, ect. ect. but you can't hide from your own body.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
I totally agree....other anxieties cant compare to constantly thinking you are dying its horrible......the worst ....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: