Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: "Couvade Syndrome"  (Read 146 times)

Offline jmo121889

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
"Couvade Syndrome"
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »
I am new to this site and i am glad to see that im not alone. My wife is almost 7 1/2 months pregnant and my anxiety hasnt gone away. Ive done research and ive came across to something called couvade syndrome. Basically what it is, its the man having the same symptoms of a pregnant woman. The symptoms can include anxiety, depression, headaches, nausea/vomiting and many more. Could i be suferring from couvade syndrome?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: "Couvade Syndrome"
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:35:10 AM »
Did you have anxiety before she became pregnant?  If you did then chances are its just sticking around.  Could also have been kicked into high gear because of the upcoming birth (Congrats!)  Have you been to see a doc about this?  How are you currently treating/managing your symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmo121889

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: "Couvade Syndrome"
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »
Ive never had anxiety before. It came out of nowhere at the end of her first trimester of pregnancy and it has increased in severity now that shes on her last trimester. Ive done research on couvade syndrome and what happens is that the testosterone levels on the man decreases as some female hormone increases... I think its called estradiol im not sure.

I just went to a clinic yesterday to get some blood work done (3-4 days to get results). My anxiety has gone out of control to the point where i feel like im going crazy!! Ive been going out for a walk 1-2 times a week and lifting weights but after im done i feel really exhausted and lightheaded
Bookmark and Share

Tags: