Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: worried about Inflammatory Breast Cancer IBC  (Read 758 times)

Offline mama00

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
worried about Inflammatory Breast Cancer IBC
« on: March 10, 2014, 03:19:54 PM »
Last Thu out of no where after going to the gym I found a red/raised spot on my left breast.  I thought fungal rash.  Well of course first thing I thought is IBC like the good hypocondriac I am!
I made an appt with a OBGYN - my old one retired - who thought it was a hemmangioma, told me it wasn't a rash and he wasn't sure what it was but it wasn't bad.  Wheeee this made me feel even worse.  When I pushed he told me to go to a dermatologist which thankfully I called mine and they saw me an hour later.

She took a skin scrapping and said it was indeed fungal at the beginning stages of ringworm.  It doesn't really look like typical ringworm but I was thinking this was probably what it was.  Well that is my rational self.  I have been putting on her rx cream she gave me morning and night as directed and no changing which is freaking me out  :sprachlos020:   My husband thinks it is fading in color some.  That it is lighter somehow.  I can't tell 100% sometimes I think it is sometimes I think it is just the same.   

I have no other symptoms of IBC other than I feel that breast more than the other and I have some disconfort but I think part of this is my worry and muscle tension making me feel things. 

Anyway my plan is to continue to treat for another week - my derm is out on vacation for spring break and if it doesn't change at all to go back to see her next week. 
Does this sound reasonable?  Of course I keep thinking worse case scenario.  I have IBC and it is aggressive and I am dying and leaving my children behind without a mother.   Nobody else is worried but me.  But you hear about all the migdiagnosis of IBC mistaken for something else coupled with the fact this darn spot is still there and I am totally freaked.   

Any advice?  I keep telling myself.  IT IS FUNGUS and I need to give it more time.  And trying to push the scary thoughts out of my mind.  I hate the HA monster.
To make me even more freaked I have a friend in the hospital trying to figure out if her breast cancer is back.  This might be partly why I am over reacting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried about Inflammatory Breast Cancer IBC
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:57:51 PM »
The cream hasn't had enough time to work. Keep using it the recommended about of time an relax :) the derm knows what to look for when it comes to stuff on your skin!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mama00

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »
Yes - it has only been 4 days not even.  More like 3 full days.  I know ringworm can be stubborn.   I started on Friday.   Thank you I need to keep busy and keep on going.
Bookmark and Share

Offline megaT

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:41:51 AM »
Ringworm can be very stubborn!  My daughter has had it for about a month.  I have a rx cream that I'm usually good at applying, but sometimes forget.  Hang in there.  You're fine.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 08:05:48 AM »
I agree to give the cream more time to work. I find it crazy that just this past weekend breast cancer fears started for me when I woke up one morning and my breast was hurting/burning and sore to the touch. It went away after a few minutes. Of course I made the critical mistake and googled. BAM I have IBC too. For me there is no rash just a lot more breast pain the past few months since my mail order pharmacy switched birth control manufacturers.

Do you have eczema? My childrens eczema has started to flair up the past week. I don't have it and started noticing a couple patches of dry raised red skin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »
Doctor would recognize smth was wrong if it was cancer...Finally dermatologist wouldn't find out it is smth fungal if it was cancer so no reason to worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alecia6

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »
If your dermatologist did a skin scraping, then they knew 100% that is has nothing to do with cancer.
I agree with the others who have posted. Ringworm can be very stubborn. You need to give it more time with the cream.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mama00

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »
Thanks everybody.  I had to take a klonopin last night because I was really loosing it.  The truth is that it hasn't gone away but it hasn't gotten any bigger either and there is a possibility that it might be shirnking a tad and even lightening up just a touch.   I also have no other symptoms.  Breast is not hot, enlarged red all over etc. 

I keep telling myself if she looked under microscope and told me it was related to scalp ringworm she HAD to see fungus.  Specifically the kind that grows in scalp.  If it was anywhere else in the body I would not be flipping out.   I am going to try and keep it together.  If it is not starting to get better by next Monday I will give them a call in case we need to switch antifungals.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mama00

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 12:27:38 AM »
Hmmmm yeah it was fungal - it was stubborn but started fading after 5-6 days - it's almost gone now ::)  I should have ;Dknow
Bookmark and Share

Tags: