Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Period issues, I am on day 7 and still bleeding, really scared  (Read 313 times)

Offline dancer67

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
I know, I have posted before. I am posting again. A recap. I am 46. Will be 47 in November. Since January, my periods have been wonky. They have been coming very early. January I started spotting on Day 18 and got my period on Day 20. Then again on Day 18, I started spotting, and started my period on Day 22? Day 25??(No idea). Spotting is very normal for me. I had endo biopsy and all was fine. Pap was fine. I have not had ultrasound. Now, last Tuesday, either it was day 15 or day 18, not sure, I started my period. No spotting this time. I have never just started my period without spotting in about 7 years. It has not been very heavy at all. Normally, I soak an overnight pad on day 2. Last 3 times, including this time, just a little on the pad waking up. Normal flow during the day. I am now on day 7. Normally, my day 7's I am lightly spotting brown or done. Well, I am STILL bleeding. I never bleed into the toilet bowl. I am not bleeding a lot. It is very little. But it is still bright red. Another thing, is that I feel a little crampy.

Should I have any other reason to believe this is anythng else other then premenopause? How long should I let this small bleeding go on? I am afraid to go to GYN for fear he is going to want to do D+C or something, or put me on Prometrium to stop the bleeding(which I hear is a horrible drug).

I have dance tonight. And my anxiety is so bad over this, I cannot even go. I am going to the bathroom every 1/2 hour to check to see if the beeding is stopping, but it hasn't. It slowed 2 days ago and has been the same since.

Advice???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Period issues, I am on day 7 and still bleeding, really scared
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:17 PM »
Aw, please go to dance.  You are making yourself miserable and there is no need.  This is ALL perimenopause and weird things will go on for some time to come. My periods began going haywire at age 45.  The first time I noticed weirdness was the month I turned 45 - I had a 9 day period, the last few days were brown spotting like usual, but then on day 9 bright red started again and I actually got ANOTHER small period, the second one lasted 3 days. Now go to dance and stop your worrying.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline dancer67

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:41:06 PM »
Thanks Sunlover. I think I am just going to stay home though. I need some time with my husband. And I am not to sure I would be any good at dance tonight. I just hope that this is only Perimenopause. I know you posted to me before. I appreciate it. I don't want to go to the Dr's, but I never know if I SHOULD go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:15:33 PM »
When was your last pap?  Do you go regularly?   
Bookmark and Share

Offline cbear

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 07:36:49 PM »
Definitely sounds like it could be menopause starting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dancer67

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 01:11:39 AM »
I just had a pap and an endo biopsy 4 weeks ago. All was normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 06:28:31 AM »
I just had a pap and an endo biopsy 4 weeks ago. All was normal.

Well then, you are FINE!  I never went to any doctors amid any of my period problems because I figured, well I was just there 7 months ago, or 2 months ago, or "I'm going NEXT month" and things were OK, nothing is going to happen that fast.  My PCP told me that when going through the menopausal transition to go for yearly gyno exams and paps once a year. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline dancer67

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »
Thanks Sunlover. And actually my period has just about stopped today. On day 8. so not to bad. This menopausal stuff is going to be a crazy ride. Thanks so much!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: