Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Went to the ENT for my dizziness. Please respond.  (Read 391 times)

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Went to the ENT for my dizziness. Please respond.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
Again, before you make any self-diagnostics, let's get your anxiety (worry, fear, panic) undercontrol and you will see things in a different light, and some if not all of your symptoms could go away.  You need to wait for the meds to kick in and the side-effect to wear off and your anxiety to be calmed.  Then you can go from there. I think MANY people on this web site who has had similar symptoms think they have MS or something similar.  It's a common fear. Yet, most likely anxiety.  And if you already seen a doctor who ruled it out, then have some peace about their decision.  And again, let's wait to see how you feel after your anxiety is calmed.

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
The ENT said nothing neurologically going on... How would h know just from the simple tests for my hearing ? MS is neurological right? The thing that bothers me the most is that I got a dizzy spell 2 days before I even started prozac..... THAT is what keeps me thinking.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 03:23:29 PM »
I understand your concern, but dizziness can be from spinal issues, see a Chiro for an adjustment.  Or, it could be dehydrated.  You drink coffee?  That could dehydrate you.  Start drinking a LOT more water. Maybe use some sort of electrolyte product with it so you don't deplete too much sodium, postassium etc...  But, water could make a difference. You also stopped smoking? Could there be withdrawal from that?  There are lots of  minor things that could explain dizziness and not be MS.  You think MS because you are thinking the worse, due to your anxiety.  How much time have you spent on the internet looking up symptoms, etc...? Hours?  That's anxiety.  Now that my anxiety is gone, I rarely look anything up, I don't need to because that fear/panic feeling is gone and I feel fine.  I would just start out by doing some basic stuff like drink more water, maybe try some electrolytes as you might already be low in potassium or something.  Have you see a regular MD? Did they run a CBC?  Have some basic blood work done, get a physical, and see how it goes.  Also, as a Male, in his 20's? If you are sexually active, however that might look to you, loosing bodily fluids too often (as some men can over do it) can cause a lack of nutrients.  Your body needs certain nutrients to make that fluid. So, maybe back off on some of that for a while, let your body rest and repair. Could also be a cause of anxiety.  Sorry, maybe too much info, that's why I kept it descrete as possible.  Anyway, take it easy, the more you worry, the more you have anxiety, and the more it will cause bodily symptoms.  Once the meds kick in, you can re-evaluate your symptoms.

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Tags: