Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Stomach issues  (Read 276 times)

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stomach issues
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:31:21 AM »
I've been having stomach issues on and of for over 3 years.

I've been experiencing upper stomach ache in the middle and to the right side.  My gp has diagnosed gastritis again (I had that 3 years ago, went on meds and it went away).

I don't know if I am imagining it but I feel like when I put pressure on that area it's uncomfortable. Like when I lay on my stomach.

So I am fearing that something is swollen and it's Because of cancer.3 years ago I had scan on gallbladder, liver etc. I then had an abdominal MRI because I had a cyst found on my liver. I then had a follow up 6 months later and no changes. So I'm worrying it's my liver. But then I try to be rational and think of I had liver cancer for 3.5 years I would surely be having other symptoms which I dont.

I'm feeling very worried thought that it's not gastritis and it's cancer
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stomach issues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 06:28:03 AM »
That's not cancer symptoms.   Pain is the LAST thing to come.  You would be jaundiced, you would be having a lot of weight loss, etc!  THEN the pain would come.  Also blood tests would show abnormal liver numbers.
Bookmark and Share

Offline burgundyplace

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »
Hi hamster,

Like you, I am having stomach issues right now. My main symptoms are excessive burping, bloating, and a gnawing feeling on my tummy after I eat. Those three don't necessarily come simultaneously. I just stopped my one month of omeprazole treatment and I feel that some of the symptoms still come back even though the symptoms have greatly been reduced!

I sometimes get some random aches on my tummy, but that's it. I'm sorry if I am not that helpful. Just wanna let you know that you are not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

What can this be though that makes me feel the pressure feeling?

I saw my gp and she examined me and said all felt fine. Would she feel a swollen organ???

Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:18:39 PM »
My friend has this EXACT problem!!   It's been about 2 years already and she says she feels like she is laying on a ball or a pickle when she lays on her stomach!  She had been checked out and no one can feel ANYTHING.  I told her that it may be a spasm.  (Is yours there ALL the time?  Hers isn't)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 05:47:49 PM »
I have very similar symptoms. I very often get bad pain in my upper middle stomach and also pressure or discomfort to the right hand side (where the liver is). I went to my doctor recently and she felt and said that liver isn't enlarged and my blood test (CBC and liver enzymes) came back normal so she suggested IBS. I can't say I am completely happy with her explanation but seemly IBS can cause those symptoms.
Like Sunlover said, you would have all sorts of awful symptoms if it was cancer.
My GP recommended keeping a food diary and I think I will start doing it to see if certain foods make things worse.
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Offline Melissa100

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »
I have a similar issue with my stomach. Itís been about a year and a half and still problems. I had h pylori and took the antibiotic which made the matter worse because it created gastritis for me as well. Now I can't even take ibuprofen without irritating my stomach. One thing I figured is that I cannot have milk product at all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »
I have stomach issues and my doctor says it's IBS. When I went to her I was complaining of a full feeling like a football sitting on my right side. As a teenager I did have stomach issues but they would be more on the IBS-D compared to now after having kids it went to IBS-C.
How have your bowel movements been? I swore it was my liver too but they did blood test and I've had a ct scan and u/s within the past year.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 03:12:15 AM »
Thanks

No it's not always there but i have notice that if I am sitting I tend to sit to the right , weird eh, so putting pressure down on the right side of my stomach. I notice it then. And that's exactly how I would say it feels, like I've got a football under my stomach.

My bowel movements vary. Mostly soft stools although wouldn't say diareah and only tend to go once per day. For example I've lay in bed worrying for the past 40 minutes and my stomach started cramping and now I've had soft stools. So I know that's probably anxiety related. Be also got a test today at college.

But its the fullness feeling on one side freakin me out. I am terrified of ultrasounds just because I went for a gallstones check 3 years ago and that's when the cyst on my liver was found. At the time though they didn't know if it was a cyst as they couldn't see it properly and they ordered an emergency MRI scan. So the whole experience totally terrified me. So I know of I say to my gp over ad over about his fullness she will say I need to get a scan Becuaee even thou she doesn't think it's anything she obviously can only say 100% if they image the area.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »
Now... you don't have to be overweight for this (I'm not and I'll explain what happens)  But if you ARE then it's more of a "given" that this is your problem:   When I sit on the bed to put my socks on and put my right foot up on the bed to put on the sock I'm fine, but when I lift my left foot up I feel a big lump between where my leg meets my body and my lower side.   In the summer I was getting all freaked out over it  I'd lay down flat and press and nothing was there, but when I'd do that leg thing it felt like a huge tumor or something!  Then I sat down and thought about it and thought, "Hmmm, maybe it's just a "fat" roll or something", so before I pulled my leg up I grabbed stomach skin and pulled it up, THEN I lifted my leg and the lump was gone!  However if you are really thin and young, it COULD be a spasm, a spasm would create a ball of muscle.  Since you said it's not there all the time, it CAN'T be anything bad!  (I keep telling my friend this and she won't listen :angry-smiley-034:)

You could refuse tests, you don't have to have anything you don't want (unless the mere suggestion freaks you out.  It does me, that's why I try not to go to doctors!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 07:53:54 AM »
Thanks Sunlover

I am overweight! I had my second baby 10 months ago so I reall need to lose about 60 pounds. Do you really think tht could be what it is?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »
Why don't you try an experiment and see.   Grab your skin and layers underneath of course (it would really be painful to just grab skin alone!  LOL!) ABOVE the area you feel the "ball" and pull it up, THEN lean and see if you still feel the "ball" in the same place.  Then again, that will only prove it's a "fatty deposit roll".  If you still feel it in the same place then it has to be a spasm (bad things don't come and go)
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 08:04:43 AM »
I have had pain on or around my right rib cage off and on since 2005 and nothing has
ever been found. Probiotics and yogurt may help you also. My last EGD was on April 1, 2013 and
they again diagnosed me with mild gastritis.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: