Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constantly overthinking, questioning, doubting everything!  (Read 448 times)

Offline SummerSun41

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constantly overthinking, questioning, doubting everything!
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:47:36 PM »
Does anyone else struggle with questioning everything you have never questioned before anxiety?!

Here's an example: I fear depression (because of a scary Pure O obsession I have which I'd also like to get rid of), so when I'm feeling anxious, I constantly question my emotions and monitor them to make sure I'm not actually depressed. Even when I'm not feeling particularly anxious, like when I'm just at home watching TV, I double check my reactions to things. Sometimes I even feel like I'm manually reacting to things- as in not reacting naturally. Sometimes I honestly have no idea whether I'm reacting to something in a way that I think is "normal" or if I'm forcing myself to react that way. It's SO weird and scares me because if I think I'm forcing myself to react, I worry about what the other option would be. Would I just not react or just sit there? I don't know. I want to be clear that I'm not apathetic-- I think anxiety actually makes me over-emotional. I cry over the most sappy, silly, "OMG that was so cute I might cry" type ways! Haha. So even though I know I'm not depressed (I've taken a bunch of online screening tests and looked up all the symptoms and none match how I feel), I still fear it and check for it. If I'm not 100% happy at all times, I start worrying. I guess you could say I try to avoid all negative emotions, which I know isn't healthy either. I'm tired of overthinking everything and questioning myself! I've never been this way and was so carefree before anxiety came along about six months ago. Anyone have any advice or self-help books that would be good for me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Isabeau

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constantly overthinking, questioning, doubting everything!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20:59 AM »
OMG summersun, every time I read one of your posts I feel as it was written by me about me haha. I share so much of your concerns (Moving with my boyfriend, growing up etc.) and this one too! I`m always monitoring myself to make sure i`m not depressed (or something else, depending of my daily special fear ^^)  either and i have been doing that all night. So I don't really have an educated answer except we know that these are our irrational thinking and anxious thoughts playing with us, and also that you are not alone! I can advise this article I found today: http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/anxiety_worrying_thoughts.html

(you can also google ``anxious thoughts`` and you`ll find a lot of similar articles! As well as for books, as I have advised so much before but I feel it saved my life: Hope and Help for your nerves by Claire Weekes.

Hope it brings you a little comfort, trust me you are not depressed and most importantly, even if you were, wouldn't be the end of the world (We have to remember that sometimes us anxious peeps ;-) )

have a good night!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: