Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Can not shake the fear

Offline Stacey1

• Personal text
Can not shake the fear
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:54:21 PM »
Hi everyone! I am newly registered but have been lurking around.  All this anxiety stuff is fairly new to me within the last year.  I am having a hard time believing that anxiety can do this to someone. Anyway I fell about 7 weeks ago and developed a pain in my leg.  I have since had 4 ultrasounds for fear of a dvt.  All came back normal yet the fear is still there.  The doctors keep telling me the pain and swelling are related to something else just have to find what.  Why can't I accept the good news?  Because of google and reading all the horror stories of misdiagnosis.  How do I get over this and accept it?  It's ruining me and taking over.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
Re: Can not shake the fear
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:18:13 PM »
That is really the magic question , how do we shake the fear even though we have been reassured sooo amny times? I cant answer that sorry I wish I cld then I cld do it for myself ...but at least you know you are not alone....we all have this problem....I have been going over the samwe ALS fear for the past few months ...been told by 2 drs not possible and yet the symptoms still there and I am still worried????
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Personal text
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:37:37 PM »
HA can really knock you down.  Especially when it manifests as physical symptoms.  It makes us feel crazy.  It makes us feel like we'll never get out of the pit we're in. 

The good news is, we can treat anxiety.  I take an SSRI and see a therapist and finally have pretty good control.

I wish there was a magic wand I could wave to make you feel better and accept that you're OK. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stacey1

• Personal text
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:39:27 PM »
Thanks guys!!!  It's hard....and the worst are "the outsiders" who just don't get us and constantly say were over reacting etc.
Bookmark and Share