Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Intrusive thoughts while sleeping?  (Read 216 times)

Offline Billie

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Intrusive thoughts while sleeping?
« on: March 09, 2014, 06:08:41 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what this is, it was happening every once in awhile, but now it seems to be more often.

I'll be asleep (I think) and bam an intrusive thought pops into my head, almost like I can see the words and my eyes snap open.

It's like all day and night, I try to avoid these thoughts and even counter them and then when my brain is the most vulnerable, the thoughts come in.

I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Without using my words or thoughts (still working towards that), say I feared killing my husband. So all day long, I think I'll never kill my husband. I would never kill my husband. And then while I'm asleep, I think/see the exact words "You're gonna kill your husband" and my eyes snap open.

Then these thoughts cause anxiety all day long. It's bad enough when I have the thoughts when I'm up and about, but this is awful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intrusive thoughts while sleeping?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 10:57:03 AM »
Part of our dreams does involve things we fear. Things on our minds. So if this is already on your mind during the normal day it will slip into your dreams as well. That is normal. We know you wouldn't do such a thing. It is like a double blow, as such. One of things you probably fear the most in life. Something bad happening to the person you love the most. Now you have these thoughts about harming him. Worse still it is you carrying out the act. Which is why it can frighten people. Trust me it is never something you would ever really do. Normal too when you are asleep and see it as part of a dream. Simply because it is on your mind as a fear.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: