Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Felt pulse in stomach - good news  (Read 130 times)

Offline anxietygal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Felt pulse in stomach - good news
« on: March 09, 2014, 04:59:31 PM »
I'm posting this to help anyone else experiencing this problem not panic like I did.  A few days ago, I was feeling my stomach and noticed that I could feel a really strong pulse above my belly button.  I had never felt this before and immediately started worrying about an aneurysm.  I'm not skinny at all but have recently lost a lot of weight.  Today,  I couldn't wait any longer and went to the ER.  My blood pressure and pulse were sky high.  Doctor felt it too, so he did an ultrasound.  He was very thorough and pressed hard so I was sure he was going to tell me there was a problem.  My aorta measured 1.3cm; it's not even considered dilated until 3cm.  I just have a really strong pulse which he agreed was why I can also feel it in other places (like the base of the neck) that most people can't..

So the Moral of my story is that yes there really are other reasons to feel your pulse in your stomach besides a AAA even if you're overweight. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrambleRamble93

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Felt pulse in stomach - good news
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
Hey, good to hear it was nothing serious.  I have never felt this myself but if I did I know I'd freak out immediately, lol.  Thanks for posting this!
Bookmark and Share
If you put water into a cup it becomes the cup, if you put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle, if you put it into a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash.  Be water my friend.  - Bruce Lee

Tags: