Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: constant dizziness due to anxiety maybe?  (Read 330 times)

Offline breakingbadhabits

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
constant dizziness due to anxiety maybe?
« on: March 09, 2014, 02:18:23 PM »
Hi all I am new to these boards. Lately I have just started a new job fresh out of college and I have found my self very stressed out recently. For the last week or two I have been finding it very difficult to walk without feeling dizzy and light headed causing me to panic and have anxiety attacks where I feel like I am having a heart attack. I also have had a hard time concentrating and listening while at work and it is starting to bleed over to home life. I've noticed that my blood pressure and heart rate have been much higher than normal. Is it possible that the anxiety is causing me to feel dizzy or could be another issue like a inner ear infection or vertigo.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: constant dizziness due to anxiety maybe?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 02:57:31 PM »
ill also note that I have had different symptoms such as constant cold hands, feet and the occasional headaches in the front that feels like a sinus head ache along with my ever present floaters and tinnitus
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
It's most likely anxiety from stress. I never had anxiety until I got a sinus infection about 2 months ago.  I constantly felt nauseous to the point were I'd avoid going out of the house because I didn't want to be out and throw up. I've had the nausea and headaches now for about 2 months. Been through two rounds of antibiotics and steroids and while the inflammation is almost completely gone I'll still get the nausea and headaches throughout the day. In my case if I keep my mind busy such as playing a computer game or anything where I'm forced to concentrate on something my symptoms seem to go away so I know it's most likely anxiety from me still anticipating that I'm going to feel that way.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sailormoonjf

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
It could be a little of both, but honestly it's most likely just anxiety.  I know this is harder than it sounds, but try to do yoga or some other hobby that will take your mind off of the dizziness.  If you can forget about it and it's no longer there, then it's most likely the anxiety.  Even if it's your inner-ear don't panic because it cannot kill you.  It just makes you feel a bit dizzy once in awhile, and there are exercises and nose sprays to help with that.

Hope you feel better!  Dizziness, I feel, is the worse part of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »
So i went to the doctor today and told them my symptoms. They looked in my ears and thought everything was fine, they took an EKG and that turned out okay. now they want to do an MRI to test for neuro issues/ ms. I think that is the last thing I wanted to hear.. my doctor doesnt seem to think that stress can cause me to feel so much dizziness. especially from someone who has been previously healthy and not worrying about health issues
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »
Well, I think that your doctor might be wrong on that one, because anxiety CAN and DOES cause dizziness. I have been dizzy/lightheaded for weeks (all tests coming back normal) until someone told me that my neck muscles are really tight and I should exercise them. When you are stressed various muscles in your body contract and some of them can stay contracted without us noticing/knowing. When your neck muscles are really tight, the blood supply to the brain is interrupted, therefore causing dizziness.
So I looked up isometric exercises on youtube, tried them for couple of days and my dizziness went away... It actually came back months later so I did a bit of exercising again and it helped again!
I think you should try them. They are easy to follow and definitely work for stress related muscle tension and dizziness.
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:58:08 PM »
Thanks for the advice Kjoyce, I will definitely give it a try. I know I have been stressed and the constant feeling of walking on a boat makes it worse. Hopefully the exercises and relaxation will do me some good
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »
your doctor is wrong to order an MRI. They don't just order them going looking for things that aren't there. What if they find something incidental? Off to surgery you go for nothing. for the last year I've had dizziness a lot and its pretty much disappeared since being on beta blockers
Bookmark and Share

Offline iluomoazzurro

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »
I also get lightheaded but I'm the opposite considering blood pressure since mine drops for some reason.
It's strange, when I started a new job I was dizzy when they were telling me how to work a certain machine in the office but when I did it myself it went away.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 10:42:04 PM »
your doctor is wrong to order an MRI. They don't just order them going looking for things that aren't there. What if they find something incidental? Off to surgery you go for nothing. for the last year I've had dizziness a lot and its pretty much disappeared since being on beta blockers

We'll I had recently gone to the doctors a week prior to the dizziness because I was having odd cold tingling sensation all over my body at random times along with panic attacks. After I got over the tingling I have had constant dizziness for the past week which had recently brought me into the doctors. The doctor told me that they wanted to check me out for ms, which is currently freaking me out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 11:10:43 PM »
i agree completely with hypo
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 04:36:53 AM »
Did the doctor run an in office neuro exam or anything - or are they just sending you straight for an MRI?
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »
No just orthodontic blood pressures and a EKG
Bookmark and Share

Tags: