Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So confused... is this really a tension headache?  (Read 204 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
So confused... is this really a tension headache?
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:47:48 AM »
Okay, to preface I do have a lot of tension in my shoulders + neck and thats been going on for about a month or so now and I know that can give you headaches. And I have been getting headaches, but one in particular is really making me nervous.

Around my right temple/forehead (It's almost like where the skull curves on the forehead.) I get pain, it usually only lasts for a few seconds, than goes away - and comes back at random intervals. I've noticed that it tends to happen later in the day, usually after 6 or 7pm. The pain while mild (I would rate it about a 4/5 out of 10) is very noticeable.

I've read over and over again that tension headaches feel like a band over your head and last about 30 minutes. My headache only lasts a few seconds and is very localized ... so I'm worried it could be something more than a tension headache, and if it is a tension headache why it's so odd!
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So confused... is this really a tension headache?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 01:05:46 AM »
These are called Ice Pick head aches, I've gotten them before, they are considered a migraine headache and are normally a primary headache meaning they are benign, I started getting them when I was stressing out about brain tumors, I stopped eventually and so did they, about a week or so after. They are pretty common
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline PurpleCat

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So confused... is this really a tension headache?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:16:18 AM »
Anxiety is often a self fulfilling prophecy,  if we expect to feel these sensations they can indeed manifest themselves in symptoms. That being said your headaches sound benign to me, just try not to focus on it and often times you will find the problem resolves itself.  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: