Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Jaw pain  (Read 98 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Jaw pain
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
I keep getting lower jaw pain. It always hits both sides at the same time and feels like someone is putting a lot of pressure on my back teeth and they're about to crack. It especially worries me because it's not sore or tender so I think it's referred pain from my heart. And it's not constant, but happens more and more often.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Jaw pain
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »
:(. Nobody?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 07:53:31 AM »
I had what you are describing once, it started on the right side and worked around to the left - it was a pressure just like you said!  I KNOW my heart is fine but of course my first thought was "heart attack"  I kept trying to relax, then I got up and went down the basement and came back up, then it went away! (I heart attack symptom won't go away walking up and down steps) I was then thinking it could be TMJ because it said if you get it in the morning (which this was in the EVENING) you could be grinding your teeth and if you are doing something during the DAY it will cause it in the evening.  I realized I keep biting down on a tooth because of a filling that isn't straight.  But also I have had dreams that something is happening to my jaw, that there is SO much pressure I think my jaw is going to snap!  I then wake up.  (I must be doing that in my sleep) - I DO think yours sounds like TMJ.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:43:37 AM »
We collect stress and anxiety in any number of places. Jaw is one of them. So is the neck, shoulders, back, stomach, etc. etc. The problem is the stress, not the heart, jaw, not any imagined illness.

How to deal with the stress is the issue. There are different paths of trying to get a handle on it which can vary from person to person. No doubt you are familiar with some of them and you can decide what suits you best. We can try and encourage and support you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: