Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Legs cold and tingly-- MS?  (Read 171 times)

Offline Waffles

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Legs cold and tingly-- MS?
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:39:07 PM »
Do you ever experience a cold, numb sensation on your legs? A few months ago, I had a 2-month long anxiety attack over potentially having MS. My feet were tingling, my legs were numb, I felt like I was losing vision in one of my eyes, etc.

It's been about 9 months since that happened, but it randomly started again today. Both of my legs are feeling tingly and cold.

I just got over a brain aneurism fear last week. I had convinced myself I was experiencing an aneurism, but have since started to feel some relief. Is this just a shifting of anxiety to a new fear? Is my brain capable of doing this to me? I feel like it's sabotaging me.

In any case, does this sound like MS to you? I know a common symptom are flare ups after the span of several months. :\ 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Legs cold and tingly-- MS?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
It does sound like anxiety shifting to other diseases. You said you felt you were using eyesight on one eye...it's like that with MS. You would know you had it most likely. Eye pain, double images...

The fact it started just when you stopped fearing of aneurism strongly points toward anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Legs cold and tingly-- MS?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 05:16:10 PM »
I get prickly legs (skin) and they feel cold and just plain weird.  I also get adrenaline surges through my chest.  I've had many tests, such as MRI's, nerve tests, blood work etc.. and everything comes back  normal.  A couple of doctor's have said it could be anxiety related.  Who knows!  Mine has lasted a very long time.  Yours sounds like anxiety, especially since you get these symptoms after thinking about a disease that would cause them.

Try to deal with your anxiety, and relax.  You'll be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: